Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Information about airfields in Sweden

10 Posts

Is there any “VFR manual” for Sweden? Apparently AIP doesn’t contain information about many airfields and for instance with ESMG or ESMW I haven’t succeeded with Google either.

LKBE

To my knowledge there is the Jeppesen (Bottlang) Manual and if you need a trip kit, here is a link

Then there is the swedish airfield manual “Svenska Flygfält”, however it’s in swedish.
You can find it at www.pilotshop.se

Last Edited by Nello at 10 Feb 20:02
ESSN

Any special fields that are of interest?

I think if you find somebody with Jeppview 4 and the VFR Europe coverage, that should include what you need. You get the VFR airport charts, and the “text pages” in JV4 is what the old Bottlang guides had, more or less.

I don’t think Jepp do anything else with that data in it. I have just looked at my JeppFD-VFR (6 month sub, from the Jepp presentation) and it does contain some of the Text Pages data but e.g. the contact details for the airport are missing. Navbox is much better in this respect.

ESMG is in Jepp. ESMW is not listed.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

ESMG and ESMW are on my list. I’m thinking of family holiday in Sweden. My idea is a cottage on the lake shore surrounded by forests and preferrably within walking distance from some airport :)

LKBE

Then go to Siljansnäs (ESVS).
Oh, and on the way, make a stop at Visingsö (ESSI).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

try this and let your browser translate it

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

Hi Honza
Siljan Airpark http://siljanairpark.se was one of my case studies for European Airparks. There is a link on here to my MSc study.

Ingmar Lind at Siljan Airpark will be able to put you in touch with people who have cottages to rent or maybe even someone at the airpark may rent out their house. PM me and I can put you in touch with him. There is a brilliant aviation museum on site too as well as Beer from their own Flying Brewery Depending on when you go there might be one of Carl Ronn’s flying Circus spectaculars! I was lucky to have been able to have a flight in one of the aircraft.

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

I used to fly with the Svenska Flygfält binder. It’s about the size of the Pooleys. In fact, I have an out of date one siting here in the US right next to as I write this. Even though it is in Swedish, it’s dead simple to understand as it’s so graphical. So don’t let that put you off – you’ll understand everything you need to understand on the plates.

You have for free the IAP Notam and Meteo (Aroweb) with this link:
http://www.lfv.se/en/FPC/

LSGL
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message