Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Norway

The long term forecast for the Easter weekend for Scandinavia seems fairly reasonable at the moment whereas our original choice of the Med looks rather more uncertain. Any suggestions? What is the best GA airport for Oslo? Hotel recommendations? All suggestions welcome

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

If you haven’t already seen it, I posted a few teasers here. Flying in Norway is great, though I have never been in April (yet).

When leaving Norway, you can get some very cheap Avgas.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 12 Apr 14:00
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

What is the procedure for the cheap fuel?

It is available for anyone flying abroad. No need to be commercial. Jus declare going abroad before refuelling (at self-serve stations, the machine will prompt you whether you are going domestic or abroad).
Last June, price was approximately 1,55 Euros per litre of 100 LL at Statoil stations. Might even have dropped a tad by now.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 12 Apr 15:25

The long term forecast for the Easter weekend for Scandinavia seems fairly reasonable at the moment whereas our original choice of the Med looks rather more uncertain. Any suggestions? What is the best GA airport for Oslo? Hotel recommendations? All suggestions welcome

You should definitely read this Link
and study all the stuff here: Link

Near Oslo, Kjeller (ENKJ) is the closest. Walking distance to hotels and train to Oslo city center.

This time of year the weather is changing a lot. Clear sky one moment, snow the next, so be prepared.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

We actually made it to Oslo. Arriving later than planned Kjeller was unmanned but open. Tired and hungry we managed to get a taxi to come and decided to go direct to the city rather than mess about with trains. Major, major mistake – €125,00 !

Oslo itself was interesting but we thought very expensive.

Looking forward to cheap fuel as compensation it was something of a blow to find the fuel pumps did not accept credit cards.

very expensive

In case you didn’t know before, all the Nordic Countries are like that. As much as I like going also to Sweden and Denmark, it’s always very very expensive. Actually, I have found Denmark (Copenhagen especially, but also islands like Anholt) even a tad more expensive than Norway…

Just enjoy the scenery, the relaxed pace and the friendly people (as well as the excellent ATC)…

We overnighted in Odense on the way back and had a €80,00 landing fee :(

ATC was closed at Odense – which we knew because we had called in advance to be tol the field was VFR self-service. No problem as I can land without ground assistance. It turned out that there was nobody there at all – restaurant closed for Easter as were the clubs and schools. So there you are – a deserted airfield surrounded by 3m high barbed wire topped fences. Luckily after a 30 minute wait a local landed and released us from captivity

Hehe….. Taxis are REALLY expensive over here, so I´m not surprised it got a bit dear. :)

I just arrived at work when you approached Kjeller, I was standing behind the approach controller when you left the freq for Kjeller local, about to take over the scope. :)

Hokksund/ENHS

I have a good customer in Trondheim and have been meaning to fly there in the TB20 for a few years now, but a regular look at the MSLP charts tells me that there are likely to be maybe 10 chances per year for a trip there and fly back back home 2 days later, without severe icing conditions I can do EGKA-ENVA nonstop but …

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
56 Posts
Sign in to add your message