Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Weekend 21/22 June 2014 Elba LIRJ

I have a bit of time… anybody fancies a quick meet-up somewhere?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If only my left exhaust stack was on the aircraft and not in a box in my guest room

Hmmm… very sorry to hear, but I am glad you told me as I was just about to buy a TB21GT

Administrator

I am gonna be on a mediterranean island with a good restaurant near the airfield on Saturday at lunchtime. But since this is an openly visible forum I rather don’t want to write the name of the airfield here.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Nothing serious, I was just not entirely happy with the exhaust overhaul last year and asked them to re-weld a joint which they did free of charge. Airplanes are like women, once they turn 35, you realize that there are certain advantages in having a younger model

But then they get much better after 40 again

But since this is an openly visible forum I rather don’t want to write the name of the airfield here.

Is it flyable from the UK, direct?

Administrator

Is it flyable from the UK, direct?

For you without any doubt (I think it even has customs with 24hr prior notice). It’s the most northerly – and one of the smallest – of the Italian islands. The price of AVGAS is a little on the expensive side IIRC ( 3,50+ Euros).

EDDS - Stuttgart

Project Propeller were looking for someone to fly a veteran from Shoreham to Gloucestershire on Saturday. I don’t know if they found anyone but why don’t you volunteer for that if you’re free?

EGSC

Ah, yes, must be this one. So, you are now flying a helicopter?

Sounds like LIRJ

Last Edited by Peter at 19 Jun 09:50
Administrator

Ah, yes, must be this one.

Three years waiting list for visits! And no fuel and you have to bring your own food or shoot one of the wild goats…
Your second guess is better

EDDS - Stuttgart
48 Posts
Sign in to add your message