Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lelystad - Nordkap and in between

Just in case anyone is interested. Some approaches and landings from our flight (unedited GoPro footage):

Tromsø:

Hammerfest:

Alesund:

Songdal:

Last Edited by kwispel at 02 Aug 18:13
EHLE

Thanks kwispel. Excellent report and fantastic photos!

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The idea to travel and rent aircraft is actually a very good one though,

I agree and have done it in several countries around the world. Did involve some license validations, but that’s part of the fun (and challenge). As you say, it isn’t always easy to find a place that lets you take the a/c away for a week or so if you’re not member of the club.

The OpenAirplane idea is good and I will probably join them.

Now I see a C172 at 1.452 NOK/h (172 €) in Norway

It is about the same as my club have at ENVA (Trondheim). We have 1440 for 4 seater and 960 for 2 seaters. However, this also include landing fees all over Norway and free parking. But, for a (essentially) non member to rent one aircraft for several days in a row, that is not what the club is for, at least not at the moment.

The idea to travel and rent aircraft is actually a very good one though, that is the experience from the brand new OpenAirplane platform in the USA. Here is more info.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Very nice trip report and outstanding pictures!
Norway is known for it adverse weather conditions. Good to see you were able to do it all VFR

Great report! The more I read about flying in Norway, the more I’d like to go and do some myself. Is it possible (and not outrageously expensive) to rent locally?

All you would need to do is contact an aeroclub, join i.e. pay annual membership fees, get checked out by an instructor, and off you are!

When I used to live there, flying in Norway was less expensive than flying in France. Now I see a C172 at 1.452 NOK/h (172 €) in Norway, and 150 €/h in France. Both rates are wet. Both A/C are roughly the same year – one is 2006, the other may be a few years older.

Here is one flying club: http://nrfk.org/

LFPT, LFPN

Actually this summer has been like nothing we have seen with heat records all over the country.

Yeah, that’s why we here in Croatia don’t have summer at all – rain, then showers, then rain again :(

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Great report! The more I read about flying in Norway, the more I’d like to go and do some myself. Is it possible (and not outrageously expensive) to rent locally?

and a buckload of luck with the weather.

Actually this summer has been like nothing we have seen with heat records all over the country. I think you have had much more luck with the weather than just a “buckload”

Nice pictures.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Great report, great pics!

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message