Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Biggin Hill EGKB

Buongiorno,

My first post here!

I am an airline pilot an general aviation Instructor based in Italy.

I would like to pick your mind regarding Biggin Hill.

I will be flying there for the first time from Austria with a SR22T of a friend: apart for GAR do i need a PPR? Any special consideration regarding the airport and the area.

Do you know who will rent a Hangar space for a week at a good price?

I am also looking for a safety pilot experienced on cirrus willing to fly with my friend probably 3-4 times during the week between the 23rd and the 30. Any suggestions?

Thank you and Regards
Lowandslow

I have sent you a PM

EGSC

No PPR for Biggin, as far as I know. I’ve been there many times.

Hangarage is a bit tricky but there is some. No maintenance allowed in any of the current ones – only hangarage. There is a list of companies based at the airport, on the airport website.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Jonzarno:

Where do i see pm?

Thx

The private messages are delivered to you by email, to your registered email address (which obviously needs to be correct). See here

Administrator

Thank you Peter.

I do have the correct email adress but, nothing arrived.i checked the spam folder but also nothing there.

Rgds

L&S

You can call me on +44 7768 821365

Cheers

John Zarno

EGSC

There was a problem with PM delivery. Now fixed…

Administrator

Biggin – just turn up. IFR will be vectors to the ILS 21 by Thames Radar, if 03 is in use you break right at 1,600ft QNH for a left downwind to land on 03.

VFR you will come from the east, overfly the runway at the 03 threshold at 1,600ft and turn right into right downwind 21, or if 03 is in use you will overfly the 21 threshold and turn left into downwind 03.

You will park on the main apron, depending on the length of stay near to the tower and “terminal” entrance if you depart quickly, or a bit more out of the way if you are staying overnight. All completely hassle free; ops is available to take care of flight plans and can give you weather info / NOTAMs.

As far as the area is concerned – all very straightforward, just be aware that Class A contolled airspace is at 2,500 and up anywhere around London, quite a lot of “foreign” pilots do not see that CAS boundary because it starts so far out and I heard at least three happily report “Climbing 3,000ft” only to be told that that is not on, one of which actually already at 3,000ft….

Last Edited by Cobalt at 20 Aug 20:12
Biggin Hill

Thank you very much to Jonzarno and Cobalt.

I spoke with Jonzarno and I must say he was very helpful, thanks to him I did find a safety pilot for half of the period neeeded:from the 28th on….

Tomorrow I should be landing around 1400local, will be parking at Rizon.

Do anybody know what would be the most convinient way to go to London Heatrow T2?

I have to catch a flight at 1845….

Thx again everybody. Really helpful stuff!

Rgds
Lowandslow

42 Posts
Sign in to add your message