Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Prague Fly-in May 1-3 2015

On the basis of ‘been togeather’ have any of you chosen an hotel ?

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

We are getting a self catering apartment, on AirB&B, because there will be 3 or maybe 4 of us (Justine is getting an airline both ways, so a max of 3 in the TB20).

Last July I stayed in a fairly cheap hotel (about €50/night) about 10mins’ walk from Charles Bridge. Any hotel in Praha 1 district will be very central and there is little point in staying further out. If you look at booking.com there is a huge choice.

Normally what seems to happen is that until I pick a hotel, nobody wants to lead the process but this time you guys are going to have to do it

I am sure it will be a very nice meet-up.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That’s OK Peter – sure somebody will come up with suitable hotels / location.
If we get it together will be 2 x guys in N2136E.
Would like to travel Thurs / Fri, but work may mean early Sat departure.
If weather less than VFR on Sat then it’s ‘cancel’.
That’s advantage of trying to get away Thurs / Fri, but just may not be possible due commitments.
I always try and fit in a day or so eitherside as a hedge against the weather (VFR)

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 20 Mar 23:07

Is this correct. or is it still known as Ruzyne ?

Václav Havel Airport Prague (Czech: Letiště Václava Havla Praha), formerly Prague Ruzyně International Airport (Czech: Mezinárodní letiště Praha-Ruzyně, Czech pronunciation: [ˈpraɦa ˈrʊzɪɲɛ]), (IATA: PRG, ICAO: LKPR), is the international airport of Prague.

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 21 Mar 20:27

It is correct but LKPR is still known as Ruzyne.
regarding callsigns, they are still “RUZYNE RADAR, DELIVERY,GROUND” etc..

LKLT.LKBE

Regarding where to stay, anywhere within the big ellipse is very central.

Karluv Most is Charles Bridge.

The little green circle is an AirB&B I have just booked. Prices are very reasonable.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

anyone planning to land at LKLT 1.5. Just found there will be some music performance, sightseeing flight etc during a day. Traffic will be mostprobably somehow limited.
I am planning to visit airport this week (right now we have wind 28028G44KT :) so more info later, if needed.

LKLT.LKBE

Ive had some business come up so will not be able to attend even though I was looking forward to it. Have a great time guys.

KHTO, LHTL

I checked LKLT operational status for the term between 1st to 3rd May 2015 with the airport owner and have a written confirmation that there are going to be no limitations whatsoever. So anyone planning arriving to LKLT for the fly-in can count with LKLT.

LKHK, Czech Republic

I must base my go/nogo decision on the weather forecast; and need to be somewhat rigid because I can’t afford to be away from work too long. When would the first sufficiently reliable forecast be available? Which weather service do people recommend for strict VFR, ground in sight flying?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
Sign in to add your message