Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Prague Fly-in May 1-3 2015

May 2-3

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Don’t forget your golf clubs. Letnany has a putting green and driving range parallel to the runways…

EDHE

May 2-3

EDAZ
I should have walked across the street to see the place. A 152 was doing circuits as we emerged from underground. In nice weather it’d sure be fun to fly there for a 3-day weekend!

yep :) that “short” final on 05 is cool, also pretty nice city view from base.

As regards Letnany: I would certainly fly there as soon as the occasion comes – but to call it superb? I’ve heard claims that at least one of the runways is a collection of potholes, others claim that an English speaking AFIS operator requires 24 hours PNR…

potholes = just first 1/3 05R , rest is pretty fine
“usual” AFIS guy who covers almost every shift is retired 737 pilot (or even cpt, not sure now) his english is not superb, slow and funny but still understandable :)

So if those runways really are ok also for Mooneys, then I’ll need to reconsider.

some german registered M20 (don’t know who is operating it) is visiting LKLT quite often, seen it at least 4 times this year (and I was not so active this year) I quess this is fine

but then I can proudly say that EBAW and EBOS have that too, though only by bus.
http://lis.rlp.cz/vfrmanual/actual/lklt_text_en.html •which I read as “do feel free to request flying outside published operation hours”

but underground is going every five minutes and airport is ten minutes of walking :) bus can’t do this
flying outside published operation hours is not a big issue @ LKLT, airport sits in military CTR so everything is controled from there. Basically it means no AFIS, com only at holding point and directly on LKKB freq. (you will be transfered soon on later anyway, depends on working mode that day, LKLT can control from nothing or just small area around airport to whole MCTR /weekends/)

Landing is the same, just added com you are aware about landing on uncontroled airport and give a radio call you landed safely.
You just need someone with access card to get in/out but there are usually lot of people around from aeroclub and schools around..

This probably doesn’t work for flights requiring customs.

LKLT.LKBE

May 2-3 it will be

Probably May 1-3 so we have 2 nights total.

May 1 is a Friday.

You will like Prague. Very scenic

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I flew into LKLT this past Sept. I usually dont land on grass strips cause I have tip tanks and I dont like to see my wings flapping up and down until they develop lift. However my first choice LKVO was closed for the week. I had done the Flt planning a week earlier called the Admin and got the details. Told them I was flying in on such and such a date. Everything set right? Wrong. The morning of did my Rocket Route filing IFR checked Wx and Notams all good. Called them up to confirm my specific time. Shocker, “sorry the airport is closed for maintenance”. What Im leaving in 1/2 hr to go to the airport! “Your supposed to call ahead, PPR”. “I did a week ago” ,I told him. “How about following the notam procedures?” No response. I wont go into the further dialogue. I did wind up at LKLT. Very apprehensive with both TO and landing. The condition of the longer runway was smooth and hard even with a weeks worth of rain just prior. The grass was well kept however the last 300’ were not cropped as close. I would not try it at gross weight. But being 40% of gross got off with no problem. Road a taxi in got stuck in rush hour traffic. Took close to 1 hour. I think it was about 35 Euros. Cheap considering the time involved. On the way back took the metro. Fast efficient and with a 1/2 mile walk was at the plane. Did I say it was cheap! The fees for LKLT were very reasonable; for Europe. The city was nice. So count me in. It would be great to have a local show us around. My plan is if bringing 3 others land at LKVO if myself and 1 other fly into LKLT weather permitting otherwise LKVO.

KHTO, LHTL

I have found Vodochody LKVO to be totally random, to the point where IMHO even a phone call in which they tell you they are open is of zero practical value because they might change their mind by the time you get there.

My Czech isn’t good enough for this; maybe a “proper local” can do a reliable agreement verbally. The only pilot I personally know who flies to LKVO regularly (he’s not on EuroGA AFAIK) speaks perfect Czech, though I suspect he hasn’t actually been there for several years. No way would I even bother to try this again.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The people I spoke to all spoke English and could be understood without difficulty. So there should be no problem getting an agreement with them. That was my experience. Most like to do things by email so there could be a paper trail.

KHTO, LHTL

If Gene’s go ’n then count me in too !!!

Last Edited by Michael at 14 Dec 13:14
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Road a taxi in got stuck in rush hour traffic.

What’s that in English, please?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
Sign in to add your message