Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Prague Fly-in May 1-3 2015

And the 1st is very appropriately called : Mayday !

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

it was my understanding that most people didn’t want stickies here?
Now we have one and it is indeed slightly annoying…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

agreed and agreed

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Letnany is a real GA place with lots of people and aircraft, not a sterile airport where only the handling agent greets you.

With Achim’s and Peter’s comments, I’ll definitely want to land in LKLT :-)
How about asking AEROKLUB PRAHA LETŇANY to welcome us ?

LFLY, France

If you are looking for a top grade hotel, I have stayed in this really nice one a few times over the last 10 years – before they started to call themselves a “boutique hotel” and jacked up their prices to an eye watering level. A fab hotel in a really fab bit of Prague, but you cannot match former communists when it comes to knowing how to price stuff

But, hey

is only what you pay in IFR route charges getting there in a 2T+ plane from reasonably far away And Xmas prices are bound to be sky high.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That’s great!!
Count me in.
Having been taken care of as a kid by a Czech refugee girl whom my parents took with us in 1968, I always wanted to visit Prague :-)
I’m curious to learn more about this great industrial and aviation nation.
Would you recommend a nice scenic hotel ?

LFLY, France

Peter 22-Dec-14 11:55
If you are looking for a top grade hotel

location + their restaurant which is constantly in prague top 5 makes it bit pricey.
You can sleep in same location and same quality for half and drop there just for dinner :)

LKLT.LKBE

WOW I never knew I was so cultured Or maybe whoever was with me was not appreciative enough for the benefits to get etched into my mind

But, seriously, hotel suggestions are welcome. These fly-ins work best if most people end up in more or less the same place.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

By the way 1st is public holiday here (nothing to worry about, shops you are not interested in will be closed, that’s all :)

apart from classic chains it is worth to check apartments, usually around 130-150EUR per night.
I have good references for these

http://www.booking.com/hotel/cz/dolce-vita-suites.cs.html
http://www.booking.com/hotel/cz/spa-carolline.cs.html

This Best Western is pretty good located
http://www.booking.com/hotel/cz/pav.cs.html

Stick at Prague1, avoid Vaclavske namesti and surrounding streets (red light district) Karlova street (noisy river of tourists) and you will be all within 10-15 minutes of walking. Downtown is small. (and full of IBIS class hotels for budget option)

LKLT.LKBE
it was my understanding that most people didn’t want stickies here?

Not exactly sure what made you think this is a democracy! Also I don’t think there was a soliciting of the opinion of most people. Stickies can be annoying for sure, but they are one of the few ways to increase the likelihood of the many people who don’t visit the forum every day seeing a particularly important post. We use them very judiciously (they’ve been around for months; when was the last time you saw one?). Also do remember that you can hide a sticky thread – just click on the thread and then use the hide button. Being a sticky it will reappear when someone posts on it, unlike normal threads which stay hidden.

Happy Christmas!

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message