Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Prague Fly-in May 1-3 2015

Im almost afraid to ask. What is a sticky?

KHTO, LHTL

A sticky thread is one which is always at the top of the page, even if no posts have been added to it for a while.

Some people like the principle, some don’t, and it is true that a lot of people don’t read them even if posts have been added (because they become “invisible” to them after a bit).

There is no perfect solution. We used to have a banner for the fly-ins but it was obvious that most people never saw it. I have just run a mailshot to the entire database about the Prague fly-in, so if you didn’t get it, check your spam settings, etc. About 40 people (out of over 1000) have invalid email addresses configured.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Not exactly sure what made you think this is a democracy.

Happy Christmas!

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

For a bad example of democracy, look at the La Rochelle fly-in in May 2013. David spent ages knocking up a voting page. In the end it became obvious that most of the people who voted were never intending / never in a position to fly there. So I have been choosing the locations myself (after consultation here of course) and that has worked really well. The two fly-ins since (Mali Losinj and Calvi) were really great.

Administrator

By the way 1st is public holiday here (nothing to worry about, shops you are not interested in will be closed, that’s all :)

Hmm, what about Vodochody? Are they open or closed that day?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Prague would be of great interest to me. I have already started looking at the route from UK (VFR since I do not hold an IR) so would anyone one care to share their possible route including where to clear customs and fuel of course? My IFR aircraft has about 4 hours endurance with reserves.

UK, United Kingdom

Guys,
Prague itselfs is for sure a good choice.
Unfortunately I have to ! warn ! you about Letnany-airfield :
The grass- strip is rough, I have had recently ( approx 3 years ago)nearly a prop-strike there with my TB20
They can’t make the ground smoother because of an environmental issue ( protected animal)
Letnany can´t promise you a smooth taxiway at all .
Maybe check the current status , but even when I did it in advance prior departure to there the guys had told me on phone that the strip is OK…and it wasnt
for a RG-ACFT..maybe for fixed gear acft with big wheels etc…

EDLW, Dortmund,Germany

This is why, sadly, I will fly to Ruzyne LKPR and pay the €200.

When I first flew in the TB20 to LKPR in 2005, the costs were about €50 and the apron was full of GA planes. Nowadays you are lucky to see 1 other. Last time (2014) there was just one SR22 IIRC.

Administrator

I would attend Prague if that is what the majority vote for, but I would take Dresden as second choice. I had a trip there 20 years ago and I can still taste the food – scrumptious!

Propman
Nuthampstead , United Kingdom

As Ive stated in Post #36 Sept 2014 landed at LKLT and the field was as they advertized, smooth (fairly) certainly not rough. The grass height was a variable, higher last 300’. The thing to watch out for is rain and how much they had before landing and how much is expected while your there. Even though it rained a day or so beforeI got there the field was firm and not muddy as they told me. So no surprises there.

Those are the negatives the positives convenience and cheap costs.

Would I land there again? Only if dry and the grass is closely cropped. AND if Im light.

Otherwise I’d talk to the supervisor (airport manager) at LKVO about landing there and making arrangements. Last time I spoke to them they were helpful to clear up their screw-up.

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message