Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Prague Fly-in May 1-3 2015

Hmm, what about Vodochody? Are they open or closed that day?

I don’t think so. I don’t even remember their CTR active mid week. (and was quite active past 60 days)

LKLT.LKBE

QuoteThey can’t make the ground smoother because of an environmental issue ( protected animal)

this is not truem yes there are protected animals but ground can be smoother and actually it will be, planned and already approved for this year.

LKLT.LKBE

Looks great – I’m intending to come. Haven’t decided on destination airport yet though.

Bob
Flying since 1985, but still lots to ...
EGKA, United Kingdom

On the past EuroGA fly-ins there wasn’t anything organised because I believe that if you choose a nice enough place, there will be enough to do for everybody without the ladies getting fed up with aeroplane talk

And people can organise their own meet-ups anyway.

But Prague has a bit more “culture” than most places so perhaps organising something is worth a try?

Any views?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

OK, no takers on a programme…

A pity; I was looking forward to dragging all the ladies to the (rather good) Kbely aircraft museum and then getting wide-angle-lens pics of everybody’s straight faces and posting them on flickr

I am sure it will be a great fly-in

Administrator

As a teaser, here’s a few pictures from that museum. Not sure what appeal they’d have on the average lady, though.

Last Edited by at 19 Feb 11:56
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Not taking the ladies for a Don Giovannibin Prague is almost a crime. Pm me to arrange details.
my recommendation is LKLT as destination with LKPR as alternate. If you need letdown, use LKKB ILS, rather than LKPR
Land on 05L or 23R (new smooth surface) in LKLT and taxi extremely carefully (some ww2 bombing hits still make the taxi a challenge)
We (the Prague-based team) will try to arrange some guided tours of the Kbely and national technical musea during this fly in, more news to be posted here
On a related note: anybody planning to fly to Friedrichshafen this year?

CenturionFlyer
LKLT

anybody planning to fly to Friedrichshafen this year?

here

Administrator

I’m working on Friedrichshafen. Recent posts in the thread.
Prague is also a possibility.

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 15 Mar 15:21
Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Not taking the ladies for a Don Giovanni in Prague is almost a crime.

Ha, I remember a school excursion to Prague many moons ago with a visit of the opera where they were playing Don Giovanni. The whole class was sleeping after 30 minutes until the end. Not a smart idea to end a long day of walking and sight seeing with a visit to the opera!

That was still in the days when a few deutschmarks would buy you everything in Prague. That has changed a lot. I found Prague to be so impressive that I keep coming back regularly.

Sign in to add your message