Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

San Nicolo / Venice (LIPV) meet-up 5-7 Sep 2015? - moved to Portoroz

This has been suggested. Any views?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Positive view from here.

That’s a good one for me. One hour away … and I promised it to my wife for 5 years now

I was with RV8 there this summer and got positive impression. The airstrip is grass, not too pumpy but ships can make suprisingly high threshould for departure 05.
Hotels on Lido are many and moderate and day ticket on boats to Venice something like 10 euros. Not very much (for 6 planes) paved apron but avgas and jet and restaurant to get campari soda after flight. Bus stop next to airport. And officials for outside Schengen arrivals.

Matti
EFHV

Bosco knows everything about this one …

How about we do Prague (the current proposal for early May) and do San Nicolo in September?

That sounds excellent, yes. For me it would be a shame to NOT come to the Prague gathering; the further destination will require good stars and all aligned right.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Positive view from here too.
3hr flight and I guess my partner would join for a destination like this one. It’d be a great way to test fly my freshly obtained FCL055!

LFNR

For me it would have to be 4-7 September, and (as from Corsica this year) I would go straight from there to Greece. We will be doing the island of Milos.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

((If you need any information on Milos, a friend of mine has a small hotel there.))

Early September may still bear the brunt of la stagione zanzare when parts of northern Italy, especially the rice growing area, imitate a cross between the Mekong and Honduras.

For us 80 knot Vmo folk central Europe remains more realistic than the Greek Islands – Austria (LOWS), or Belluno/Alto Adige?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
78 Posts
Sign in to add your message