Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

San Nicolo / Venice (LIPV) meet-up 5-7 Sep 2015? - moved to Portoroz

The obvious alternate would be Trieste. A big airport. I have been there 2×. The only issue, back then, was the avgas pump, straight out of Mad Max

Does anyone know if it’s been upgraded?

More to the point, it was at the end of a long narrow taxiway, and the turnaround needed 2 persons and a towbar.

If you want relative luxury you can fly to Portoroz but that is quite a bit longer for transport to Venice.

Also, from my POV, prop strikes are most likely during taxi on/off the runway, not on the runway itself.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think it will be busy in Venice that weekend:

Venice International Film Festival 2015

The Venice Film Festival is the oldest film festival in the world. The festival take place every year in late August or early September on the island of the Lido. The 11 days of Venice Film Festival takes place along the main, sea-facing Lido esplanade, between the Hotel des Bains and the Excelsior . Between these two grand hotels is the marble-and-glass Palazzo del Cinema, where official competition screenings take place in the Sala Grande. It is one of the world’s most prestigious film festivals and is part of the Venice Biennale.

On 2/09/2015 – 12/09/2015 at Lido di Venezia

I will have to pass for this meeting, because I am planning to make a night stop @ lido the weekend after the meeting (10 – 12/9) on my way to Istanbul.

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Well spotted @Vieke!

Interesting this wasn’t raised earlier… I asked about this very thing here

I suggest we cancel the Venice fly-in then. I remember being in Venice city itself (not the much smaller island) during a film festival and one could barely walk there.

Can we discuss this for a few days and then I will email everyone with a new location. Thankfully we still have nearly 2 months.

Portoroz in Slovenia is really nice.

Administrator

How about meeting here http://www.texelflyin.nl/
It’s also about 1000 metres grass

Last Edited by europaxs at 20 Jul 16:34
EDLE

@europaxs I will be at the Texel flyin. The list of participating aircraft is getting quite impressive…

This fly-in has been moved to Portoroz LJPZ

Same dates etc.

Administrator

The Swiss guy just landed Lido with the PC12 fully loaded. So what’s everyone else’s excuse?

For 2017, my excuse is lack of time off work – I’ll be happy if I can make it to Masuria in June, that is now the first goal.

But San Nicolo remains high on my wish list – maybe perhaps maybe in fall 2017, otherwise 2018.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
78 Posts
Sign in to add your message