Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flights to/through Morocco and eventually over to the Canary Islands?

We’ve been to Morocco and the island of La Palma several times (we have family in La Palma). We’ve been to Tangier, Marrakesh, Fes and Agadir last year, absolutely no problem there. Things are quite professional and not very “oriental” these days in Morocco. There is Avgas in all four places but it’s not cheap (hand pumped in Fes :-) Have a look at the Morocco AIP for the addressing of flight plans.

La Palma doesn’t have Avgas, otherwise it’s good. No mandatory handling and landing plus parking for a week was less than 20€ (SEP, 1315kg). Tenerife Norte has Avgas but handling is mandatory. We’ve been to Lanzarote once and it was OK but it was a couple of years ago and I think fees are high now and handling is mandatory. Two years ago we flew to la Palma via Madeira and then back to Cascais. This was an interesting trip as well.

We’re off for La Palma tomorrow, this time via Agadir again. So I’ll be able to give a first-hand account next week.

From a tourist’s point of view, La Palma is quite nice. It rather caters to hikers than to beachers. It’s not as crowded as the larger islands but it’s by far not off the beaten track.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

I used to go to Lanzarote in the 1980s and went again in 2013. It is really nice for a laid back holiday. The “fish and chips and beer” tourists get packed out of sight into Puerto del Carmen and maybe 1 or 2 other places. But I have never been there by GA – it would be a long trek needing 1 fuel stop, probably somewhere in Spain, roughly around Salamanca/Granada.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message