Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen 2015 15-18 April

However, with a dozen people, while it is great to see everybody, it’s hard to have a useful conversation except with the one right next to you – same as any other restaurant really Also it is mandatory to book a table, to be sure. It’s quite a good restaurant (by German health food standards ) and very popular.

We could meet in a Kneipe (pub) on Friday evening: it’s much better for socializing and discussing with no time or pace constraint.
Maybe one of our German colleague could manage it (find a Kneipe, register number of EuroGA members interested, communicate about the event) ?
We call on the EuroGA German chapter, our host !

Last Edited by Nestor at 06 Dec 20:28
LFLY, France

I would probably be there as well.

EHLE

As long as you don’t hold the meeting at the establishments just short of the 06 threshold I may attend.

I mentioned China because I opened the link Petr posted eveb I’ve been to EDNY several times….. And the first event there is in China ;-)

LKKU, LKTB

I am hoping to bring my Jetprop back to Europe next year, and my current planned Europe arrival coincides with the show dates, so considering stopping on the way back to the UK.

I have read last year’s thread, and it seems like you can do CIQ at the airport. I guess the slots will open up again in March? The show website us still showing this years slot date.

Any local hotel recommendations or other tips would be appreciated.
How much are the airport charges for hard standing etc under 2t?

Cheers. E=

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

How much are the airport charges for hard standing etc under 2t?

Don’t know about JetProps but there’s usually package around ~70€ for everything including entrance to the show

Customs and Immigration are available at Friedrichshafen, Not sure about quarantine

Last year the slot management was a major PITA, you had to call a phone number that was always busy. The year before it was a web page. I hope they use the web page approach again next year.

As an alternative you could go to say LSZH or EDDS (or EDJA or EDMA) and then drive by car with one of the forum members…

LSZK, Switzerland

My idea is to fly into EDTZ Konstanz with one or two nights in a local hotel. For visiting the Aero there appear to be combi-tickets for the Bodenseeferry+bus+entrance.
But I also hear rumour of nearby microlight fields offering arrangements – perhaps even including under wing camping, though April nights can be chilly. Bautzen is the one I remembered, but it looks like an adventurous runway – perhaps there are more?

Last Edited by at 07 Dec 16:31
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I did once drive a hire car EDNY-EDDS and it took about 3 hours. I also got three speeding fines I won’t be doing that again.

Regards hard parking, the marshalls try to push everybody onto grass and I think it’s a case of simply refusing that gets you hard parking. I will never accept grass again because it took three of us to move the aircraft on/off the soft ground and tall grass. That approach worked for me the last two times.

The slot booking is a nightmare. A crazy system, with the switchboard jammed permanently. You just have to sit there for maybe an hour, pressing Redial. However I am not sure they enforce it strictly. I think it is mainly a means of limiting traffic to those who are really keen. Many people book a slot and don’t fly, so there must be spare slots.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Regards hard parking, the marshalls try to push everybody onto grass

Last year I had an IFR slot (because they wouldn’t want to give me a VFR slot…) so I landed on the hard runway. They parked everyone landing on the hard runways on the hard parking, even though I had preferred to park on grass (due to shorter distances to/from fair and grass runway)

LSZK, Switzerland

Same here, I requested grass parking after touchdown on an IFR arrival, but they parked me on the hard apron on the opposite side. In fact, Peter, I think we were just a few stands apart, judging by both of us noticing a TB20 with Israeli registration (4X) parked nearby.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
Sign in to add your message