Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen 2015 15-18 April

Was a nice show and I enjoyed meeting Peter, Sheldon, Achim, WarleyAir, Eal, MooneyDriver, RXH, C210, Daniel and some others I don’t remember at the moment, sorry.
Hope to see you soon again.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 18 Apr 20:39

It was super to meet you all

What a really great bunch of people.

Many thanks for coming all that way.

We ought to have another meet up between Prague and Venice.

Does anybody know whether the on-airport shuttle buses run on the Sunday morning after the show has closed? If so, it is far quicker to get out of there by going to the exhibition hall entrance and getting the bus to the passenger terminal airside where most are parked. If one does the obvious thing and goes to the passenger terminal land-side, one can get stuck there for an hour while they are processing airline passengers, with all the police and xray checks. I can definitely remember the latter but I cannot remember doing the former on a Sunday (and obviously the buses are available until Saturday pm).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have just phoned OPS and there are no buses running between the exhibition and the main terminal.

So I would suggest anybody parked on the hard surface needs to allow about an hour to get through the terminal.

I hope to see many EuroGA pilots again in Prague in 2 weeks time

Administrator

Considering Peter’s experience, I was quite precise on my flight. I filled 5:30Z EOBT with ETA 8:05Z. When I asked for startup, LDZA tower gave me “start on your discretion but earliest airborn time for you due to slot coordination is 5:30Z”. I took off exactly at that time and landed exactly at 8:05Z (slot was 8:00 to 8:20). On return flight slot was 14:00 to 14:20, I took off at 14:05 but due to massive tailwind the flight was only 1:50 while inbound took 2:35.

I spent most of the time at the friend’s booth (interiors for gliders), I met Peter briefly, had some conversation with John Crosby about his 2.0s conversion for DA42 and chatting with lovely Diamond’s sales director (she was born in Bosnia as I was) about DA62, Diamond’s plans in Croatia and life in general

See you in Prague.

Last Edited by Emir at 19 Apr 06:12
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Return wx looks good for a change

Departing 0900Z.

Administrator

Have a good flight. Easy today!

Being Sunday, the shortcuts worked pretty well

The wind was zero to 5kt on the tail – also rare for this direction. But much less strong than forecast.

FL100 all the way.

I landed almost 2hrs ago but it still shows me as in transit:

Administrator

I landed almost 2hrs ago but it still shows me as in transit:

There’s no way to know that you’ve landed, the information is not in the system. We could fake it like other solutions do (just assume you’ve landed) but I don’t like that. It’s a limitation of the Eurocontrol system, only in certain cases you get arrival messages.

Doesn’t this suggest the ARR message was never sent by the destination ARO?

Administrator

Yes, Eurocontrol would otherwise relay it. I don’t remember ever getting it from the UK.

Sign in to add your message