Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Klagenfurt LOWK

As mentioned, LOWK is a no-hassles airport with very little traffic and therefore none of the parking problems that may be encountered in LOWS or LOWI. There were changes to the airspace structure and the approaches (new RNAV/GNSS approaches on both runways AFAIK) with the implementation of SERA in December 2014, so be sure to have current nav data with you.

Last Edited by blueline at 28 Jan 15:51
LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Unable to find the part of the Austrian AIP containing aerodrome info (I found only terminal charts under AIP AD) I emailed them:

Could you please advise any restrictions for flying from the UK to
Klagenfurt and parking for approximately 3 nights.
No handling is required.
1 pilot, 1 passenger. We would need avgas 100LL and, because the
flight is from the UK, Immigration and possibly (depending on your
interpretation of the brexit situation) Customs.
I am well aware of general aviation restrictions at many airports,
especially in the winter.
The aircraft is a TB20, 1400kg, and the flight would be IFR.
Please kindly indicate costs and how much prior notice you need.

Their reply, very quickly:

we kindly advise that there are no restrictions at our airport for Your flight. Prior notice would be very appreciated within a day ahead with further details as address for invoice. Refueling, immigration and customs can be arranged at Your arrival/departure.
According to our partner Skytanking at the moment Avgas per LL is 2,76599 Euro incl. all taxes. Please find the contact details of our partner in attachment for prior arrangements.
The costs for Your flight would be appr. 60 Euros for landing fees and 10 Euros for parking.
We are looking forward to welcoming You and Your passenger in Klagenfurt.
For further questions or requests please do not hesitate to get in touch.
BR, Linda Kröll
General Aviation Center
Kärntner Flughafen Betriebs GesmbH
Flughafenstraße 60-64
A-9020 Klagenfurt am Wörthersee
Telefon: +43 463 41500
Fax: +43 463 41500 237
E-Mail:

Homepage: https://airport-klagenfurt.at/
SITA: KLUZZXH
FIRMENSITZ: Klagenfurt

Looks pretty good!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes I found them to be very attentive. I was told 27.49 Euros for landing and 28.43 for IFR arrival and departure fee. They must have had a fee increase from when they told me or maybe that fee included Customs and Immigration fees.

I also have a source (which is 30 mins from the mountain) to rent a 2 bedroom house. I can give you his name if you want.

KHTO, LHTL

Well after spending days doing research and getting it all together, I just cancelled the trip for this coming Monday, March 16th. The Austrians might lock the country down and supposedly the Hungarians are closing the borders tonight. There are exceptions from what I understand and Im hoping I fall into that category so I can fly back to Hungary tomorrow.

KHTO, LHTL
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message