Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meet-ups May-June-July-August 2015

This is basically the gap between the Prague fly-in and the Venice fly-in, and I am thinking ahead

I will be looking at doing maybe two reasonable trips a month, 1 or 2 nights each.

After Venice will be something substantial around Greece, which will finish the year off nicely, although last year I managed a few more good ones after that.

Obviously anybody “can fly” but the value in these things is in who you fly with, what the place is like, and who you meet up when you get there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No further details yet, but it looks like there will be a Fly-In at Eindhoven (EHEH) on May 25th. If it is anything like last year’s, we expect about 50 aircraft. Landing fee was €15, including I believe 2 consumptions. If anyone’s interested, I’ll keep you in the loop.

EHTE, Netherlands

Nick, please do keep us updated, never landed at Eindhoven, another to be added to my list ;-)

EDL*, Germany

Don´t know if you guys ever have been in Speyer (EDRY).

It is a very nice city, has an interesting museum right at the airport and everything is in walking distance. I´ve been there several times, it is a short flight from most places.

We kept it as a backup destination for more ambitious fly outs and actually managed to do it twice in the last years on pre-determined dates.

Speyer Cathedral . Some of the early German emperors are buried there.

Lovely old town

The museum.

Might be a nice destination. Also nice for exploring the neighbourhood. Hockenheim Race Course, Sinsheim (the 2nd part of the aviation museum) and other things are pretty close by.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

A fly-in with a landing fee?? Crazy thing…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Speyer is great. Even better in the summer if you have kids – there’s a large public pool across the street!

Anybody flying somewhere this week?

I have a free weekend 11-12 April; could do earlier.

16-18 April is Friedrichshafen, of course

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’m on island of Vis, got stuck here until tomorrow because no ferry to Split due to wind. I hope to fly back to Zagreb tomorrow afternoon.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I’m free the weekend of 11-12 and so is the airplane!

LFPT, LFPN

April 12th i have to be at home. But from Wednesday I could probably fly away :-)

Emir: You know that there was an airstrip on VIS on WWII? It would be great if that ilsand had an airport again …

35 Posts
Sign in to add your message