Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Letnany from the west

Hi All,

Sadly I can’t make the Prague Fly-In. I am a bit bummed out because it is the first one that I could have made.

Anyway, I might need to go to Prague and I am thinking of Letnany. I was wondering if anyone has any experience they could share. I will be routing from the west, and I tend to fly as high as I can so I would be around FL75, weather permitting. The AIP is a little confusing but if I read it right, deviations to the standard entry/exit procedures for the MCTA/ATZ are available with permission from Kbely.

I will plan for a low level skirt around Prague, so that I have a plan to remain outside CAS. Then to short cut the plan I am thinking about asking for a transit of Ruyzne Area at FL75, to route overhead the Ruyzne and then a descent with CAS to Letnany. Which would make the most direct entry for me and probably be the least workload.

Has anybody done this before? Can anyone pass on experiences of Letnany?

Cheers

Jon

EDHS, Germany

It’s very simple, really.
Contact PRAHA information on 126.100 when you cross the border – and they will guide you through the PRAHA TMA.
The airfield is great, and if I remember correctly the left runway is the better one. The airport is in walking distance of a subway station.

Just in case, here are VFR charts with relevant VRPs: LKPR, LKLT, and procedures for LKLT. Failing to observe noise abatement procedures may get you a €40 penalty, if I remember correctly.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 01 Apr 00:10
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

if I remember correctly the left runway is the better one.

Left in what direction?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

05L / 23R

LKLT.LKBE

Failing to observe noise abatement

This is what confused me. All the VRPs seem to be North, East and South. Understandably so with a large TMA to the West.

So if I can route through the TMA and am talking to Ruyzne and Kbely and do as they say then I may not follow the noise abatement.

Is that still an issue of noise abatement from the airport operators point of view?

It will be weather dependent if I go but I will as suggested by Flyer59 call Praha on border crossing and then request the better runway as suggested by Pimparoo

Last Edited by italianjon at 01 Apr 07:35
EDHS, Germany

Is that still an issue of noise abatement from the airport operators point of view?

Noise abatement is unrelated to VRPs, it’s about not overflying built-up areas at low altitudes. By the way, even if you cross the TMA eastward, they may still route you via MIKE for an approach.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 01 Apr 08:03
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

in case LKVO is off you can get direct to LKLT (or November-LKVO-LKLT) but still direct to LKLT and not via Mike and default mctr approach. Everything you need is just ask, never heard no myself, never heard anyone else was rejected. Usually ending up with funny conversation with LKKB tower automaticaly trying to route you back to Mike, so you have to repeat you are cleared directly to LKLT (half of LKLT circuit is in ruzyne CTR, they can do that)

LKLT.LKBE

Left in what direction?

Now that’s a good question ;-) Sorry! Yes, the left one when approaching to the WEST (don’t have the chart here)

9 Posts
Sign in to add your message