Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fairoaks to Annemasse - Video

An easy 3 hr 20 min IFR flight from Fairoaks (EGTF) to Annemasse (LFLI) with 10 minutes’ VFR in the Alps at the end before landing.

Cameras were (mostly) Garmin Virb Elites (which record the GPS information) and the sound was recorded on a Sony ICD-PX440 digital voice recorder and edited in afterwards. Some GPS info recorded on a Bad Elf+ and added in later.

The music is a little lower this time so the RT and intercom chat are more audible.

Last Edited by chrisparker at 17 May 18:19
Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Great video Chris. Spectacular scenery. I need to get a move on with the full IR!

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Some photos of the trip:

Before departure:

Top of climb:

Coasting in at DPE:

Mont Blanc:

Garmin GPS 695 now panel-mounted and receiving flight plan from GTN 750:

The VFR bit in the Alps:

One of four (!) terrain warnings activated:

Spending too long online

The sound quality is amazing! Was it done with a direct connection into a spare headset socket, a mike shoved up a headset, or something else?

Sorry if you have answered and I have missed it. I am running around a lot today and can’t follow all the posts

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Great trip and great video, well done! “There’s a car parked in front of ours” – that really cracked me up :-)
I can’t blame your back seat pax for not being more talkative, going sightseeing after a 3h flight can be too much, but well worth it for aficionados given the scenery.

EGTF, LFTF

I’ve got a Sony ICD-PX440 voice recorder which I plug into a spare headset socket. It was about £50 but I think the cheaper models would also work (PX240, PX333?). The batteries last for 50 hours or so, so I switch it on at the beginning of the flight and leave it on the whole time. I dub the engine noise in later (from a recording I did a few weeks ago).

Sony ICD-PX440 on Amazon

Spending too long online

Why are you flying that slow? 140KTAS at FL100 must be really low power in an A36…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

WOTLOP/2400 = 148 to 152 TAS depending on weight. And only 11 gph.

Spending too long online

OK, 150 knots sounds more reasonable.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Most other videos I have seen have the headsets connected through the camera and headset sockets. I can see you repeating “climb fl100”. Are you dubbing that conversation in later? If so that is an amazing bit of lip synch? What editing software did you use?

Propman
Nuthampstead , United Kingdom
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message