Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meet-up weekend 20/21 June 2015

I visited the airfield (by car) in 2013, very nice indeed and a place I’d love to fly to some day.

There were lots of activity when I was there with a constant flow of arriving and departing aircraft. Never seen so many go-arounds (good calls) though, probably because of the relative short runway. Also saw a bounced landing, which resulted in a severe prop strike when the nose gear failed.

by riding them to the top of the Grossglockner

To the top of Großglockner Hochalpenstraße, but not the top of the mountain . Anyways, must have been a great way to earn a living.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Flyer59 wrote:

that must not be overflown.

Is it not an R-area, then?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Ok, it was the top of the Grossglockner PASS :-) You are not maybe a teacher, are you? :-))

No, just a hobby mountaineer :-)

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Better a teacher than an IT’er, they’re less stubborn. Ask me how I know!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

With no other proposals, I am firming up the LOWZ trip, and I will make it if the wx is OK.

Probably flying in Saturday morning and returning Monday morning.

I have changed the thread title to include the airport.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

been there few years ago and can only recommend. Just be aware of runway lenght and required arrival/departure vfr procedure over the lake. some pics here.
can`t make this weekend, already flying to Czechoslovak aircraft fly-in http://www.scsl.cz

Last Edited by Michal at 17 Jun 17:35
LKKU, LKTB

LOWZ turns out to be 2hrs Customs PNR. I emailed them and later re-emailed with a German google translation (no reply) and faxed them (fax INOP, as expected these days). So I phoned them; very helpful.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I can’t come, flying to Dubrovnik on Saturday morning for weekend.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message