Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Texel Airshow, Saturday 1st of August 2015

Saturday the 1st of August 2015 is the Texel Airshow.
It offers a mix of modern and historic, military and civilian aircraft on and above the island Texel.
You can fly to Texel in you own aircraft, and it’s allowed to camp at the airfield.

The program includes a display of Patrouille Cartouche Doré (in Socata TB30’s), the Royal Jordanian Falcons and a Belgium F16.
The entrance fee for the show is 10 EUR (5 EUR for a child).

If you plan to arrive or depart on the day of the show, you need to get a slottime.

I plan to go there with a motor glider. My inbound slot is at 09:27 and outbound 18:31 local time.

See you there!

On top of the airshow entrance fee, I see on their website that they will also charge a sizeable landing fee, even on the airshow day…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Correct, these are the landing fees:

• Aircraft < 1.500 kg (noise cat. 7-8) = € 15.
  • Aircraft < 1.500 kg (noise cat. 2-6) = € 20.
  • Aircraft < 1.500 kg (noise cat. 1) = € 25.
  • Aircraft < 2.000 kg (noise cat. 2-7) = € 35.
  • Aircraft < 2.000 kg (noise cat. 1) = € 40.
  • Aircraft < 3.000 kg = € 45.
  • Aircraft < 4.000 kg = € 55.
  • Aircraft < 5.000 kg = € 65.
  • Aircraft < 6.000 kg = € 75.
  • All aircraft per night stop = € 10.

Yes, it is a shame, but the organisers deserve every sympathy and support. It is not their fault that their authorities make life so hard on them, and on small aviation as a whole.

Then again, there’s several contributors to this forum who mention landing/overnight/handling fees well in excess of 50 € as bearable, so who is complaining?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Obviously the organization isn’t making any money with 10 EUR entrance fee.
Just think about all the paperwork / permits / security involved.

It’s not realistic to expect free landings on the airshow day. And where are we talking about anyway? 20EUR for a typical GA aircraft…

Obviously the organization isn’t making any money with 10 EUR entrance fee.

It’s not the entrance fees or landing fees which usually cover the costs for an airshow.

It’s merchandise, food, drink, etc.

Of course, we are talking about little money. But it’s a matter of principle. Most other airshow events seem to do just fine without charging landing fees on the airshow day. A nice gesture, and the message “we want as many aircraft to come as possible”. Nothing more.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico said: “It’s 15€, so get on with it I would say.” when unexpected invoice arrives from German authority but now it is a matter of principle at Texel. Perhaps the circumstances are slightly different to afford a different principle!
I was at an air show quite recently where there was a landing fee applied and paid quite happily because I knew the organisation for aircraft visiting was just superb. Another which I wanted to go to for a different kind of show multiplied the landing fee tenfold because of popularity so on principle I gave that one a miss.

UK, United Kingdom
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message