Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meet-up Wednesday 24th June 2015 (Annecy LFLP)

Many thanks – I have completed it thus and emailed them both the word .doc and a PDF. Their fax number is INOP.

I had in the meantime emailed them a normal text email with the details but they replied with a blank email

attaching that form again. It doesn’t look like they can read any English. Must remember to always attach a google translation…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have received an email from Anncey confirming parking, but going to stop at Troyes so custom not required. Plan to be at Annecy 12:45z 14:45Local.
Any suggestions on Hotel?

Norman
United Kingdom

None of these are too pricey IMHO – for 1 night. I’d pick somewhere nice and central.

Administrator

Old Annecy is quite small – pick somewhere central and you can tour it all on foot quite fast.

have received an email from Anncey confirming parking,

Sorry for picking up an old subject, but why would ask to “confirm parking”, at a place which has absolutely no published parking restrictions whatsoever, especially in France? (I understand you have been in contact anyway, so adding a line to the email is hardly any effort, but still).

Any suggestions on Hotel?

I have been im Annecy three weeks ago (and might be able to give a couple more pointers later on), but re hotel, I was quite happy with Hotel Bonlieu. It is quite central (5 minutes walk in to the old town), but still very quiet. Breakfast was poor, but the rest was fine.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 23 Jun 12:35
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

orry for picking up an old subject, but why would ask to “confirm parking”, at a place which has absolutely no published parking restrictions whatsoever, especially in France? (I understand you have been in contact anyway, so adding a line to the email is hardly any effort, but still).

The Q I asked them (which they did not reply to) is whether they had hard parking.

Really crap quality parking (like the “rock garden” which say La Rochelle used to operate) is not a surface suitable for parking, if taxiing under own power.

I am filing for a 1300Z return EOBT.

Anyone else coming?

Administrator

Annecy is all good quality hard parking.

Not precisely.

You can choose between hard parking and grass parking.

Hard parking is indeed a little on the expensive side (25€ per 24 hours) and one can save a few bucks by going onto grass. However, I guess that’s no option for Peter..

€25 is less than 1% of my annual insurance premium, so it’s a no-brainer

It is also the cost of a reasonable fish in the Eurozone – and that is with Greece still in it

Outbound tracking

Administrator

A couple recent shots of the approach and airport…
VFR Approach via the lake, i.e. from the south

Annecy old town and the airport in the background

Airport layout. Very poor EFATO options…

Hard parking is more or less in front of the fuel stations

Further info:

- Avgas was 2.05 Euros a few weeks ago

- a taxi will be called for you by the (reluctant) lady at the info desk in the “terminal”. It can sometimes take some time to arrive though. It’s also expensive (30 Euros for 6kms into the town centre, but that’s normal for France

- for dinner, you should try “Chez Marie Lise” (bang in the town centre). On weekends, it is seemingly impossble to get a table (even if trying to book a day or so in advance), but weekdays might be possible. Typical Savoyard atmosphere and menu.

- take the walk along the seafront towards the marina (see second photo). Very nice.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 23 Jun 21:32
Sign in to add your message