Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Zell am See LOWZ

Peter,
in LOWZ I know the Boss of Liqui Moly Aeroproducts, the german engine oil company that started making aviation products not long ago. I regularly use their “Speed Wax” and Window Cleaner and I asked him if he wants to make a demonstration of his stuff if he make it to LOWZ this Saturday, He is out but he said he’d send his employee with their compay an and all produts, if we want to have a look or test some of the stuff.
I told them we’ll give them a call if we come.

Are you going at all?
I think i would, … family situation looking good :-)

(I sent eMail to some of my friends, maybe one or two will show up too)

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 09 Jul 12:10

Currently it is a GO. EOBT EGKA 0800Z tomorrow.

I am out today

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Your planned route from LOWS to LOWZ corresponds to GAFOR routes 60 and 21. The highest elevation IN the valleys on these routes is 3500 and 3200 feet, respectively. However, I don’t recommend a stranger to the area to enter the valleys with a cloudbase of, say, 5000 feet.

I find it hard to jude the conditions merely by the cloudbase in LOWS. I would suggest to check out the Austrian GAFOR and ALPFOR prognosis via www.flug-wetter.at (free registration required) or www.homebriefing.com (free 1 months trial). For a personal briefing, call the Austrocontrol met guy at 00 43 900 979703.

@blueline – I have tried that GAFOR site http://www.flug-wetter.at/ but it just asks for a login. There appears to be no “sign up” page.

Administrator

Sleep well

EDLE

haha!! That was funny :-)

The forecast looks very good. I use the german GAFOR and forecast for southern Germany and the Alps.

Salzburg forecast:

LOWS Salzburg TAF LOWS 091715Z 0918/1018 34010KT 9999 SCT050 BKN100 TX22/1012Z TN14/0921Z BECMG 0918/0920 23005KT BECMG 1007/1009 34008KT FEW060=

I will fly 8000 almost straight down from Munich until I reach the valley and then descend into the valley.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 09 Jul 20:18
Administrator

For you the best way would be to fly this route until you’re abeam Kitzbuhel, then turn south descend to 8000 until you’re in the vally and turn left onto final approach.

I f you like that you can descend below airspace C and overly Munich downtown in 3300 feet, which is nice! But then you have to climb again for LOWZ.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 09 Jul 20:23

@ Peter: The link to the signup page is http://www.flug-wetter.at/anmeldung/.

Anyways, weather looks promising!

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria
Sign in to add your message