Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Zell am See LOWZ

Boy thats a short runway! Any obstacles for TO; fence, power lines, cows?

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 15 Aug 13:11
KHTO, LHTL

About twice the runway you need for a 210… really not an issue, no major obstacles. Just take hot & high into consideration. They do commercial flights with a Lance at MTOM + 20% all the time there.

Last Edited by achimha at 15 Aug 13:13

No problem with the SR22 either, and i know a guy who flies his Seneca from there

C210_Flyer: below is a video showing the view when departing 26 in an Archer at MTOW; this was taken a week after Peter had been there…..

Peter: I can confirm that Inter-Schengen there’s no requirement to contact LOWZ 2 hours prior if you are intra-schengen; also there is a “hybrid” routing which can also help – if you fly overhead LOWI, it’s the third major valley after the Brenner, I believe (or the first after leaving LOWI CTR?); If you look at your map with the red arrows, LOWI is further to the left of the route which you describe as via St Johan. At the second red arrow, turn south into that valley, then turn east into the valley you noted as descending from FL 100. When I landed there, 08 was in use so it was simple enough to just lose height and enter on a long final – the tower were quite obliging on that, however departures they wanted to see the circuits followed…..

However I did fall foul of a SNAFU from DFS – I submitted my flight plans from LOWZ – LHFM to DFS via their website and although I received confirmation that it was in the system, it wasn’t visible to the Austrian ATC so I was refused departure until it was resubmitted by the staff in LOWZ which meant, including filing time, a wait of around 60 minutes total until I was allowed to depart, by which time the weather was warmer than I’d have liked it to be…..

EDL*, Germany

Well knowing my plane, the winds, DA, and aircraft weight have to be just right.

KHTO, LHTL
90 Posts
Sign in to add your message