Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Germany-Egypt in a Cessna 182

www.elgounaandback.com

No wheel has lifted off the runway yet and already bragging about the adventure? Yes, because we consider the preparations to be as interesting as the trip itself. Follow us on our blog how we get ready to hopefully depart on February 14th. We're putting a focus on multimedia and documenting the trip. There will be blog updates and tweets from the cockpit and two GoPro cameras will provide footage.

Our motivation is to learn and document how to do this trip and show to others that flying to Egypt is easy and pleasant (or not, we'll only know after the trip). Egypt has been my 2nd home for some years and it is a great example of how misleading the media influenced view in the Western world can be.

We will use this trip to test some new equipment that others might find very useful. I would be grateful for comments and feedback, either here or on the blog. We've tried to be at least a little bit amusing in what we write and I hope it is not offending (the English translation is a lot more politically correct than the German version!).

www.elgounaandback.com

Compared English version to German, in hopes of finding something politically uncorrect. Came no further than two unknown German (?) singers having been replaced by one Engelbert Humperdinck, allerdings without making clear whether this means the British singer of the 1960's or the German Opernkomponist. Come on, don't tell me you never heard (over even saw) a performance of Hänsel und Gretel?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Come on, don't tell me you never heard (over even saw) a performance of Hänsel und Gretel?

To resolve all potential ambiguities, we've always had a picture of the singer next to the paragraph. And no, you're not the only person with a basic education in music and arts.

That sounds like you're a bit annoyed, and such was not my intention - there was some pun intended but perhaps I should have made it more clear. So sorry!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I would avoid this part of the world for the time being.

Ben

I would avoid this part of the world for the time being.

That is the unfortunate result of biased and unjustified media reports. No person not involved in protests has been harmed so far -- quite a good track record for a revolution, isn't it?

Always fight for the centreline... (Sorry, been an instructor for too long ;-) )

Safe journey!

EDDS - Stuttgart

The teaser did little to impress me - sorry to be difficult - more glazing than cake to my demanding eye. But I must admit movies were never my thing, not even those of a certain kind. The blog makes good reading, though, I particularly don't envy your LGST landing with a 30 kt crosswind. Far beyond the abilities of both this debutant pilot and his humble stallion.

Great job of yours to do the blog bilingual, some fine-honing of my Deutschkenntnisse is nice to have. But I remain disappointed on politically incorrect phrases in the native version - are they over well hidden? And I am beginning to feel some sympathy for the ever-bullied Markus.

Happy landings! Keep up the good work!

And, most of all, keep on smiling };-)

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

But I must admit movies were never my thing, not even those of a certain kind. The blog makes good reading, though,

Interesting ... it's quite the contrary with me. I made it a principle not to read blogs any more (with no exception, never ever again) after wasting a lot of time reading mediocre stuff from untalented (writing wise) people. I'm sorry for the guys who make good blogs, but that's the way it turned out.

Films are different, I always give them a chance.

So on this trip, you will read the blog and I will watch the movies :-)

EDDS - Stuttgart
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message