Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip Plan and Report - Biggin - Shetland - Norway/Lofoten - Tromso and back...

Superb pics and many thanks for posting the report…

May I ask @Cobalt why you did it VFR? Was it for the scenery?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, for the scenery. Hence i stayed below cloud.

I have just arrived in Henningsvaer, after landing in Svolvaer on the Lofoten. Fantastic trip, weather was great except for an hour towards the end, aircraft all working well, but the Bureaucrats did their best to throw up roadblocks… Which resulted in an unscheduled landing at the request of the Police who claimed we had to land there for customs despite meeting the prenotification requirements at the original destination. And when we finally talked to Customs on that airfield thay wanted to know what we were doing there, they were expecting us to land at Hovden as planned and were clear we could have done so…. Ho hum. So now we were stuck in the passenger terminal of an airport with no Avgas – so a 15 minute hop up the road to get some fuel and on we went… other than that waste of a perfectly good hour and maybe 30 minutes extra flying time all was well.

Photos to follow when I have the time. Off to dinner…

Biggin Hill

Cobalt wrote:

they were expecting us to land at Hovden as planned

Hovden don’t have a customs office. The exception is smaller airplanes, MTOW 5700 kg max 10 passengers and from a Schengen country.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

The VFR guide does not mention Schengen at all, it just refers to international flights. Also norway AIS which i used for filing happily confirmed they would notify customs…

Biggin Hill

Cobalt wrote:

The VFR guide does not mention Schengen at all

I know. You should drop the CAA a note, telling your story, so they get it updated for the 2016 version

Cobalt wrote:

Also norway AIS which i used for filing happily confirmed they would notify customs…

And they obviously did Why did you go to Hovden by the way?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Why did you go to Hovden by the way?

The sun. Not kidding, we had two beautiful days, hence mo uploads of photos uet, to busy admiting the scenery.

Biggin Hill

Cobalt wrote:

The sun. Not kidding, we had two beautiful days, hence mo uploads of photos uet, to busy admiting the scenery.

It seems like you were so moved by the scenery that you cannot write English anymore

LFPT, LFPN
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message