Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LFSB - Basel-Mulhouse PIREPS anyone ?

Yes, LFSB is not GA-friendly if you don’t use a handler. I’ve gone there many times and sort of found the easiest way as follows:
1. After landing ask GND for fuel and be sure to specify which fuel..They will ask you which company. Sometimes they are quick, sometimes 30 mins wait
2. when the refuel takes place call GND again to send you a van. That usually works fine.
3. When leaving you need to pay at the ‘info office’ but sometimes the CC machine does not work and they’ll send you an invoice. It’s not cheap. 100-150 euros, depends how long you stay. Then you go to the ‘odd size luggage’ exit where they check your bags and docs, and a van brings you to the plane. That usually takes less than 15 minutes, no hassle really.

Having said all this, you said you are going to inspect a plane. Is that at the aeroclub? That club is right next to the GA apron, so why don’t you ask the club whether they can arrange something special for you?

Here’s another idea: go to Habsheim, LFGB, 10 minutes away by car! VFR only though, but Basel Approach are very helpful to accomodate you on a Y plan..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

What’s not “GA friendly” about all that?

It’s actually what I really would like the best: that they leave me alone, don’t torture me with checks and just send me the bill. Can it be any better than that?

I wanted to fly there today and there is a notam regarding mandatory handling. I inquired Air Service Basel which quoted me 295 CHF handling, 220 CHF “security fee”. (All without VAT of course). Top it all with the landing fee, skyguide and god-knows-what else they will come up with and you’ll be at 600 CHF without too much effort.

Last Edited by Kerwin at 17 Jun 05:45

Not a good time to fly to France.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

That NOTAM must be linked to Art Basel this week, they must have tons of PJs flying in from all over the world.

EGTF, LFTF

denopa wrote:

That NOTAM must be linked to Art Basel this week, they must have tons of PJs flying in from all over the world.

More like the UEFA Euro !

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Sorry, not into football, I don’t even know if they have a stadium nearby!

EGTF, LFTF
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message