Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meet up weekend 3/4 october 2015 - Maastricht EHBK

I’m planning to fly to Maastricht EHBK with a friend on Saturday/Sunday 3+4 October 2015.
It would be nice if more pilots join so we can have a drink together!

Maastricht is a beautiful city in the south of The Netherlands and is known for it’s Burgundian lifestyle.
It offers plenty of good restaurants, shops, culture and nightlife.

The airport EHBK is welcoming GA and landing fees are modest (around 20 EUR for a PA28). No handling fees. ILS CAT III is available for those who need it ;-) There is a bus connection to the city center. Or just get a taxi.

Maastricht is centrally located for pilots coming from Germany/Belgium/France. Feel free to join!

Great idea! This is not very far from me – if the weather is fine, I’ll hop over in a 152 for the heck of it! :-) I’ll also forward this to my Dutch fellows who I did the PPL with!

This would probably be a day trip without an overnight stay for me, so depending on who’s coming when, I could plan this for Sat or Sun lunch.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Now for once a meeting is proposed that is within my range, it is at an a/d that does not accept my ultralight. Bad luck, I suppose.
And yes, I could always ask, but without a transponder I think it is a waste of effort.

Last Edited by at 21 Sep 13:07
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

We could have a meetup at EBZH, too. ;-) Or someone comes to pick you up! ;-)

If anyone would fly along EBZH on Sunday, that would be very very nice – I have a safety training on Saturday.
And should anyone wish to make the short hop from Beek to Kiewit I will be glad to make them welcome!

Last Edited by at 21 Sep 13:56
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

+1 for Sunday due aircraft availability.

I would find an EBZH detour entertaining indeed!

I expect that we will arrive Saturday in the afternoon and return Sunday at the end of the day.
A lunch on Sunday sounds fine!

Count me in – except that my safety training – which looks like being both real added value AND big entertainment – is planned for the Saturday, with the Sunday as alternate. So in the rare case that Saturday is not flyable but Sunday is, I’ll be in EBFN rather, doing engine out landings and more fun stuff. Otherwise I’ll be there, driving if needs be.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Just to push this back up for those who haven’t seen this thread and who don’t know yet where to fly to on Sunday.

It seems the weather is going to remain stable and nice over the weekend, so I’m definitely counting this in. I’ll be coming from EDLE or EDLP with the C152/C172 or C182 depending on if I bring any friends (unclear yet) and also depending on if I detour to EBZH, Jan. In the latter case, I will make sure to leave the 182 at home…

I have also invited my Dutch friends / fellow PPL-learners and they are going to fly in for lunch on Sunday, as well.

Where do we all meet? @lenthamen – as you initiated the plan, do you want to suggest a place for lunch?

Thanks for the reminder. Why not bring the C182? We have a resident PA32R ..!?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message