Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spain - October 31 Pamplona LEPP 2015

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Very sorry to see this, Emir … I hope you get yourself back in the air soon.

I am departing tomorrow 0900 UTC. The wx forecast has improved further.

Tracking

Alternate Biarritz LFBZ

ILS is notamed INOP.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A tire, Emir? That’s not an excuse! A wing on the runway would be one, or a nice crater ;-) ;-)

What happened, Emir? The pic seems to be made on a taxiway. Or did you create a flat spot braking a bit too hard on the runway and the tire only blew later?
An anekdote: Approaching airport X one day there was a lot of agitated chatter. Someone blew a tire and blocked the runway.. Number of aircraft in the hold growing quickly, including a Ryanair (we all know what that could end up into ). Luckily they quickly managed to tow off the poor little Diamond 20 off the runway and since I was number 2 it did not take much time for me to be on final, and I thought: ‘let me be a good boy and speed up things a little by making that first exit’. Well, you’ll have guessed by know. Blew a tire trying to make it.. Tower: ‘oh no, not another s….r’. I don’t know where all the planes after me went, but I’m glad mr. Leary doesn’t know where i live.

The DA42 is pretty sensitive on the brakes, so I learned the hard way. Nice bill too, but worth every penny of it, because who would not want to look like a Russian Bomber?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

aart wrote:

The DA42 is pretty sensitive on the brakes, so I learned the hard way.

Heh. Earlier this year, I waited at the holding point at ESOW for 15 minutes while a DA42 with a punctured tyre was being towed away.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

It got flat when I was entering runway before the flight to scheduled service (gearboxes change). Unfortunately, that postponed service enough to prevent me flying to Spain – the service will be finished during the weekend instead of tomorrow.

My first flight in DA42 few years ago started the same – just before entering runway at LOWG we got flat tire.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Not a lot of fun for the departure

but it should clear up somewhere over the Channel…

Administrator

Administrator

Got a 369nm shortcut to SOSTO.

Administrator

You should delete your postings, especially the picture. Otherwise you would have to take back your statement that 3G/LTE does not work above an altitude of 2000ft AGL, given that you’re at FL090 now!

Sign in to add your message