Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LIPR Rimini

just been there at the weekend
landing fees incl parking 2 days and handling MTOW 1540kg 45 euros
but no Avgas (maybe with aeroclub needs further investigation)

nice airport prompt handling directly on coast (Adria) plenty of Hotels

good choice for a we destination just my few cents

fly2000

but no Avgas (maybe with aeroclub needs further investigation)

I have heard different stories on this.

One was that the Italian clubs operate under a special “sporting club” concession and are not allowed to sell the fuel to outsiders. The solution is to pretend they are filling up one of their own planes… fairly obviously this favour is not going to be available to you unless you can speak the language well – because nobody is going to stick their neck out unless they can be fairly sure the visitor is likely to keep quiet about it.

There is very little avgas in the lower parts of Italy, which is a pity, partly because one could easily fly to/from Greece from there. But I am sure a lot of clubs all over Italy have it, for their own use only.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

as i was aware that Rimini had no avgas i stoped on the way in LIKO just east of Bolognia 800 mtr asphalt no landing fees great restaurant and !!!! self service for avgas, jet, mogas it works with cash notes (up to 50 euros notes) or if a local guy is on site you can also pay with him also very nice airfield !!!!!!!!!!

fly2000

… and just 10-15 minutes flying further down the coast from Rimini there is lovely Fano airfield, so much more relaxed than this “airport” and with a very good restaurant on site. Don’t know about fuel availability, though.

BTW if by LIKO you mean the Ozzano field, I found the restaurant quite good but too expensive for what it offered – I had better food for less money at several Italian fields. But I visited only once, and it’s been a couple of years now.

Last Edited by at 07 Oct 22:03
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

rimini was very relaxed!!!
fano was for me too far south for where i had to go also needed hire car at airport etc i must say that i had prior arriving also 2nd thoughts about such a ITALIAN airport expected a bit typical italian style but all happend very fast and effecient i was out of airport within 10 min after landing and in total for departure no more than 15-20 min after arrival in airport

fly2000

In reality it is different. I am a member of the Aeroclub of Modena, LIPM
they say they cannot sell AVGAS because of the heavy burocracy…the same one it is killing AG in Italy.
Also an Italian pilot from south of Italy couldn’t buy it in the airfield
The administration office said that it is almost impossible as an Aeroclub to maintain the rights to sell, because the Aeroclub Italia request too many registers when Avgas is to sell, so many of the italian aeroclubs prefers not to sell it, to avoid another problem created by our stupid governance

Italy

@Fravola:
OK,we understand your bureaucracy point of view.But what about the officialy coordinated providers such as bellow ? Initialization and canceling on same period !!

LGGG

“2nd thoughts about such a ITALIAN airport expected a bit typical italian style but all happend very fast and effecient i was out of airport within 10 min after landing and in total for departure no more than 15-20 min after arrival in airport”
@Peter_Paul
That’s because even if in the southern part Rimini is still Northern Italy, totally different from the rest of the country!

LIMC/LIML/LSZA

Ahhh Comprende so where is the border between northern italy and the rest?

fly2000

Peter_Paul wrote:

Ahhh Comprende so where is the border between northern italy and the rest?

Getting myself into hot water here roughly a line drawn E-W a little south of Florence. Others would argue a line a few miles south of Milan…..

16 Posts
Sign in to add your message