Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Saturday lunch in Germany 24 October 2015

If you want to fly to EDML (15 flight minutes from EDMS) I can pick you up Friday and you can stay in my guest place in Munich for the night to Saturday. Saturday we’d drive to EDML and fly to EDMS. WX looks nice.

In the area: I could ask somebody to give you a tour of MT prop at EDMS, but would have to check my contacts there. You could also visit Avionik Straubing.

Straubing also has a small historic town center with some restaurants and pubs for a little stroll on Friday evening.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

When does Shoreham close Peter? I plan to be back to Oxford by 1700 local.

Last Edited by JasonC at 22 Oct 14:06
EGTK Oxford

Due to timing issues (many thanks for the offer Jason) I will try to fly myself to Germany on Friday, returning Saturday.

EDMS? Are there any PPR issues for Customs/Immigration?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Let me know when you’re there, I am going to pick-up my plane there tomorrow afternoon.

Called EDMS. Give me your approximate landing time + registration and I’ll call him back and all is fine. Need that in the next 20 minutes!

Thanks! Correction: will have to return Sunday because Shoreham closes too early to fly back in the afternoon. The wx looks dodgy on Sunday… so don’t count on me.

I now plan to fly out Saturday 0800Z, ETA EDMS 1200Z.

Administrator

So I am coming with @Rob2701. Also departing 0800z.

Looks like a good turnout.

EGTK Oxford

Very nice. Forecast is that the fog is going away around noon. In the case that my field is not flyable around noon I’m coming by car.

Unfortunately I’m not able to come this Saturday due to availability issues of our club’s airplane :( To add insult to the unavailability of the airplane I also got a little bit sick (like everyone else around me it seems). Going by car is not really an option for me now that we have border control between Austria and Germany. Just by listening to the radio traffic jam reports it seems that this easily would add 30-60 minutes to the trip. But I’m looking forward to meet you at another fly-in! I’m sure you’ll have a blast!

I won’t depart tomorrow if fog is actual, because the alternates are all useless. Also most for clearance forecasts are wrong. I don’t think I have ever seen a TAF of fog clearing which was right.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message