Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Saturday lunch in Germany 24 October 2015

Will also file EDMA Augsburg as the alternate. I suggest monitoring 122.800 the German air2air frequency. Everybody missing the approach and going to Augsburg tomorrow please announce on 122.800.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

And send me an SMS: +491722872155
Please

The latest Munich TAF ….. BECMG 2410/2412 8000 SCT012 BECMG 2418/2420 24005KT=

Usually with such a TAF the region of Nether Bavaria (EDMS, EDML, EDME) will be flyable at around noon. If there’s no wind at all the fog can sometimes stay.
I would say it will be fine after 1200 LT

I will try a high drag/high power approach to clear it. Peter, do you have an inflight text number we can reach you on to update on the weather?

EGTK Oxford

Maybe you can make a couple of go-arounds if it’s too dense ;-)

Chance that it will be beyond my personal limits is too high and in a too wide area.
Hope for a better occasion soon.
The idea for saturday lunches remains briiliant.
But with the coming shorter days a bit more central in Europe will be more convenient.
Have a good day

EHLE Lelystad

I have emailed you my GSM # Jason.

I will depart once EDMS or EDMA are above minima, but if not by 0800Z or so then I will cancel.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just don’t make it that one goes to EDMS and the other one to EDMA ;-)
If we cannot fly (the Piper) to EDMS at 12:00 latest we’ll go to EDMS by car.

What’s bad is that if Peter goes to EDMA and we to EDMS. Is there a way to send you a METAR of EDMS to the plane, Peter? They also have that automatic you can call by SATPHONE

I should have the Thuraya 50kbit/sec connection running so email should work, as should Telegram. Even SMS might work to my normal phone. The satphone has a number too but I don’t have it and the texts might cost you something like $10 for all I know…

I have no internet at home (only useless GPRS) and am sitting at the office to do the preflight… disasters always happen at bad times.

Filing EDMA & ETSI as alternates.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

When I am closer I will try Peter on 122.8 and give him the Metar. Assuming he has departed. I will txt you Alexis if a diversion is needed. In my experience there the fog will lift there so I will hold and provide a weather reporting service for up to 30 minutes!

It could be worse – we could be VFR.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message