Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Saturday lunch in Germany 24 October 2015

EDME is usually the first airfield in the region to open up as, unlike EDDM, EDMS and EDML, it does not have larger bodies of water in the vicinity.
EDME is currently 6000m, 800ft overcast and seems to be improving.
EDMS is 3200m and 200ft overcast.

I will handle it like Alexis and drive to EDML later. If the weather is flyable at both locations I will take the plane, if not I will come by car to either EDMS or EDMA.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

We’ll be at EDML around 11:45. If we need to go by car we can all go in ours. But I bet it will be flyable later today …

But I bet it will be flyable later today …

I should think so, too. But with fog you never know. The glider guys at EDML are pulling their planes out which is usually a good indicator of the weather to come.

Wife and daughter will be coming along but their plan is, depending on timing, to support the local economy in either Landshut or Straubing.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

Was a great day out. Nice to meet some faces from the forum I haven’t met and see others I haven’t seen in a while.

Lots of Schnitzel was consumed.

Was an approach to minimums due to slant angle (and the silly high LPV minimums at EDMS) but kept improving and was VFR with sunshine when we left. Nice flight there and back with @Rob2701. Oxford even turned on the sunshine for our return.

Last Edited by JasonC at 24 Oct 19:06
EGTK Oxford

Yes, that was great. Half an our after arrival at EDMS there were Blue Patches in the Sky and the approacsh was way above minimum then.

Some pictures

The man and the incredible Flying Machine!

Well, in this case I was the junior partner, I guess :-)

Jason, Sebastian and Roland in the rear, Rob /front) Sebastian’s friend “xy” and my friend Horst (red shirt)

Of course we all wanted a tour. That “new” smell is definitely nice, but so is the whole plane. Great Cockpit and panel, and a very nice cabin

Hey, Peter! Why didn’t you come? ;-)

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 24 Oct 20:11

All I know is that the PA46 and CE510 arrived by air. The airport was noticeably absent of TB20s and Cirri (Alexis did however depart by air). I don’t want to draw any conclusions but….

For fairness, no TTx was there either…..

Well, in this case I was the junior partner, I guess :-)

Self-powered FOD…

Last Edited by JasonC at 24 Oct 19:47
EGTK Oxford

Yes, could have flown, but IME fog almost never clears when forecast. I have done numerous diversions to Biggin due to fog, each costing a few hundred quid (taxis at £100 each way, etc). I wonder what tomorrow’s return wx will be like. I spent today wiring up a greenhouse!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Here was our trip back by the way.

https://www.autorouter.eu/track/4634jYzv

EGTK Oxford

Self-powered FOD

;-)

Like that?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message