Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Next lunch on (a) Saturday

The next Saturday with good flyable conditions I would like to meet some of you somewhere in a Destination like mentioned in the earlier thread.

EHLE Lelystad

Morning Fletio,

Time and weather permitting I’m in.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

I am always up for meet-ups but I am stuck at the office for 2 weeks commencing 28th Oct.

The 30th Oct is the Spanish meet-up (Pamplona) and I have office cover for the Friday, exceptionally. The wx looks a bit unlikely however…

The following days look bad too.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just for those who are/were not following the other thread – possible locations for this now include:

• Saarbrücken
  • Luxembourg
  • Metz-Nancy
  • Karlsruhe?

What are preferences?

For me, it’s any of the first three.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

At this moment the weather for next Saturday looks good, for both VFR and IFR.
Who is in for Saturday Saarbrúcken?

EHLE Lelystad

Again, time and weather permitting I’m in but can only decide last minute as I will return late on Friday from a business trip and then there is the slight issue of when potential fog might rise (or not) over EDML in the morning.

Destinationwise, I have not been to Saarbrücken. Does the field have a restaurant or a restaurant closeby where we could sit down, have a bite to eat and chat other than a self-service cafe in the terminal? The field’s website lists only that as a place to sit down unless we want to rent a conference room.

Personally, I would prefer a smaller field with a restaurant on site. What about EDTY-Schwaebisch Hall (Yes, I know. Everybody has been there before, but they do have an Italian restaurant onsite which is quite ok) or ETHN-Niederstetten (only ever did touch-and-gos there during IFR-training and never stepped outside the plane, so no personal experience, but maybe somebody here is more familiar with the field)?

Nancy-Essey has a restaurant on site (need to check opening hours) which is used by the French Airforce as a location for lunch.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

I’m also not 100% in yet, so don’t put too much weight on my input, but I would opt for Nancy-Essey in this case.

EDTY has been the destination of a little fly in just three weeks ago so I rather not repeat that right away (though nothing wrong with the restaurant on site).

If Saarbrücken is only a self-service cafe, it would mean we’d have to go into town – which I would have no issues with and in fact would like to – but I realize it makes it potentially more of a hassle to get organized.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

I have never been to a fly-in before and if the weather permits and it’s not too far, I’d be happy to come however I do not have IFR or night rating.

Nancy Metz does not seem to provide Avgas, Luxembourg is quite expensive, Karlsruhe is a bit too far, and I’ve been to the last 2 a few month ago, Saarbrücken sounds great if the weather permits it !
Nancy Essey sounds good as well but seems to be restricted until Sunday.
Bitburg could be an option, there is a small restaurant on the airfield.

LFOZ Orleans, France, France

EDTY has been the destination of a little fly in just three weeks ago so I rather not repeat that right away

Let’s make the fly in at EDTX instead then

I should have mine back in the air this weekend. So I think this weekend is out for me, but I will monitor this and attend my others. There are some nice destinations being suggested.

EDHS, Germany

Weatherforecast still very good even VFR.
I plan to go to Saarbrücken do some approaches and plan to arrive at twelve local. I have to leave at about three o clock to be back in time VFR.
Saarbrücken does have a restaurant on site, and one can probably be served. I will call tomorrow morning to get that confirmed.
Who is in to join me?

EHLE Lelystad
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message