Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Antwerp EBAW requires a GenDec?

Milos, too.
The tower there gave me a very serious lecture about it, (and how he would not accept my RocketRoute flightplan but that it “had to be on paper”).
When i asked him how many people he had declare they actually HAD tubercolosis, he became mad at me ;-)

When Egyptian customs told me “what do you want with a GenDec? That’s for Sudan and similar countries” I realized that something must be wrong in Greece

The most useless form ever, serving no purpose whatsoever.

A Gen Dec in Antwerp? Must be totally new that. Not once since I worked in the field (since 1986) have I filled in a Gendec for any European country other than Greece.

Some airports of entry however ask for a customs form to be filled in on arrival, maybe they have something like that which the C-Office neglected to tell you about?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Peter wrote:

Greece uses the Gendec

Also for intra-Schengen flights?

LFPT, LFPN

Greece doesn’t really care about Schengen. That’s why you have to fly in via Corfu (only practical way) … where nobody wants to know who you are.

Greece requires a Port of Entry for all foreign flights.

I believe the way they operate Schengen is for walkers only; anyone in a vehicle has to use a Port of Entry. But since Greece doesn’t have a border with another Schengen country, the only way would be to swim from Italy to Corfu.

Suitable airports which also have avgas are: Corfu LGKR, Samos LGSM, Sitia LGST, Iraklion LGIR, Rhodos (don’t remember), Hania LGSA (long PPR except for SX-reg on weekends), Athens LGAV (€200).

All the holiday islands are obviously ports of entry but except as listed above they have no avgas. Most have avtur.

The AIP for Kithira LGKC used to contain a clause saying it could be a port of entry. I haven’t looked if it is still there but it was prob99 a mistake. Anyway it has no fuel of any type.

I had zero trouble on Milos in Sept this year. Nice place, nice people

Corfu was also super efficient when I was there a month ago. Very friendly. A very fast refuel and admin all done in 1hr.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I had zero trouble on Milos in Sept this year.

You didn’t have to show a printed flightplan? I did not say that they gave me “trouble”. But they can kill you with stupid bureaucracy. I had to do a small repair on the plane, and I could have actually used some help. But they would “Only let the Captain on the apron”, … stuff like that. Since I fly there for fun it amuses me for the most part.

How about this: A week before the flight they tell me I have to send an eMail the day before the flight, because of the “high traffic during the season”. Of course there was only one other airplane there the whole week, and they did not have any tie downs: “We don’t need it because we have almost no traffic”.

I like them, but they are definitely crazy ;-)

You didn’t have to show a printed flightplan?

No, no attention from anybody other than pushing the backpack through the x-ray.

I had to do a small repair on the plane, and I could have actually used some help. But they would “Only let the Captain on the apron”, … stuff like that. Since I fly there for fun it amuses me for the most part.

That I can believe – it’s “out of line” with what airport workers are used to.

I am not allowed to remove a cowling at my base airport – Shoreham EGKA, The Kingdom of Great Britain etc…

How about this: A week before the flight they tell me I have to send an eMail the day before the flight, because of the “high traffic during the season”. Of course there was only one other airplane there the whole week, and they did not have any tie downs: “We don’t need it because we have almost no traffic”.

I didn’t get that.

Maybe there is a jobsworth hanging around, sometimes.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was in Antwerp last month and they were pretty adamant that we completed the Gen Dec on arrival.

Once I had completed I went straight for the exit. When I arrived back a day later the guy in the office preparing my bill was a total jobs worth and proceeded to lecture me for around 5 mins constantly for not booking in with him as well. It was so aggressive I asked to speak to his manager as the crime I had committed must be very serious indeed…. Needless to say he backed down, but continued to mumble and wouldn’t let me use his pen to sign the invoice!!!

If I didn’t have to use Antwerp for work I could quite happily pretend it didn’t exist. Such a stark contrast with Ostend who are so helpful every time I visit.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

@Alex_ I : am very concerned and very sorry to hear this. I feel inclined to forward your information to the airport management and ask for their comments, and suggestions for improvement.

Then again, if they were (perhaps unreasonably) set on having the GenDec document, at least you were told so. The opening complaint seems even worse.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
Sign in to add your message