Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Where to meet up in 2016?

- Goteborg City airport is also a nice option
- Ljubljana will be also nice (and maybe if you prefer a smaller field: Lesce Bled as small vfr field with connection to Ljubljana)

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Ljubljana is a really nice city too, and LJLJ is a very efficient airport. Did it here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

+1 for LJLJ and my account of going there is included in the Fly Balkan article here.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Peter wrote:

Ljubljana is a really nice city too, and LJLJ is a very efficient airport.

Too close and done zillion times. Same goes for LJBL – btw it features great restaurant. My vote goes to anything in Italy, South France or Spain.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Speyer would be interesting and in reach.

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

Well, based on Jan’s humorous suggestion right here, let me very seriously suggest Minsk! Maybe not the small aeroclub…

This wouldn’t have to “replace” a tame continental European fly-in with good food and some sightseeing for the +1 – but it could be another fly-in for the more adventurous… I’m hooked by the idea. A stopover could be made in Poland, e.g. Warsaw, or maybe Berlin.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Speyer EDRY seems good to me. Schwabisch Hall EDTY is only 30 min flying time away – we could do both!!!!
Used EDTY four times now on Adriatic trips – like it.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Say again, South Coast of France or just over boarder into Italy.
Think it’s nice to have water, big river or lake – always makes it ‘holidayish’.

Salzburg has been mentioned earlier, and is a beautiful small Austrian City.

There is the Hellbrunn Palace to see, Mirabell Palace and Gardens and for the less cultural and more fun, you can get an extensive tour of the salt mines.

For those who want some aviation, you can arrange a tour of the Red Bull Hanger 7.

And all that in the beautiful Austrian Alps.

Or how about a really left field suggestion….Reykjavik, Iceland. It has the real “adventure spirit” but I suppose not many would make it.

A more conventional suggestion…Carcassonne France. The old city is beautiful (new city not so much). Only issue might be that it’s supposed to be VERY packed during the summer.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Re France – just one caveat – is France in general expensive ?

Sign in to add your message