Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Where to meet up in 2016?

EU is similar everywhere (expensive). Spain has significantly cheaper food than France IME but the differences are small in the context of a trip. Spain is still the cheapest place in the EU to get p1ssed and stay p1ssed which is probably why so many Brits retired there France has some of the most expensive taxi drivers.

I respectfully suggest we don’t do aviation museums. Well, not unless somebody wants to lay on a “partner programme”

Also Friedrichshafen EDNY (April 2016) will be the German meet-up.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Think Lyon was mentioned last year. Should have everything for everybody !!
Somebody once called it ’the gastronomic centre of the world" – guess that might make it expensive.
It has river – two of them.
Don’t know about airport / hassle / cost.

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=TQ9zVfLPGYH1-gaL64C4CA&gws_rd=ssl#q=lyon+france

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyonnaise_cuisine

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 09 Nov 23:50
Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

-1 for Reykjavik. Colm and I are almost half way there, so that wouldn’t be fair on our southern friends in the SRxx Fallschirmjägerkorps

+1 for just over he border into Italy. I vote for Chamois. Well kept grass runway, easy walk to the village for Italian grub… Plenty of open pasture for the FSJK to land their machines too.

Cabin fever taking hold here. Fogged in for a week, now just constant wind & rain. Colm, do you guys get wind and rain in Ireland too?

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport LFLL and looking at map, seems to have a rail / tram connection from airport to City Centre.
Is it my imagination, or do we not have many French Nationals on EuroGA ?
Come on Monsieur et Madame, we need your local knowledge.
Any general support for Lyon ?, or is it too far for those from the East ?

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 10 Nov 10:16

Chamois – YOU MEAN HERE !!!

http://airportwebcams.net/videos/chamois.html

A few days ago someone suggested to me Tarbes LFBT – the home of the Socata factory.

One could possibly get a tour of the TBM factory organised. But that takes one back to the “aviation anorak” territory

Tarbes town itself is quite a scenic place and the backdrop is great and no doubt one can do “stuff” there if you hire a car

Many French pilots read EuroGA regularly but unfortunately not many post.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yep I’ll do Tarbes + TBM visit.
As you say must be lots of alternatives if factory visit doesn’t grab you.

EXPLORE TARBES

Massey gardens in Tarbes.
The highlight of a visit to Tarbes is perhaps its parks and gardens.

Principal among these is the Jardin Massey – a substantial (25 acres) park dating from the 19th century – and much as you might expect to find in 19th century England. The sprinkling of statues and monuments in the park, which also features many interesting species of trees, make for a pleasant exploration.

There are also 14th century cloisters in the park, remains of an abbey that once stood here, and a museum in a large pink moorish style building.

WarleyAir wrote:

Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport LFLL

I’m not sure you can go to LFLL or how much it costs. GA usually goes to Lyon Bron LFLY. Bron too ticks all of Peter’s boxes (concrete, including parking, ILS on one side, LPV on the other side, customs/police (although lately with 24h PPR)). There’s a tram stop within walking distance, and if you ask nicely, the FBO might even drive you there…

LSZK, Switzerland

Copy LFLY is the likely one for Lyon. As you will read, no destination has been decided, not even a ‘short list’.
I think, along with other choices, that Lyon would make a good one.

Sign in to add your message