Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Friedrichshafen EDNY 2016

Quite a buzz on electric & hybrid planes I read. I won’t go to the show, but would really appreciate any feedback from you up there on this!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I am heading down probably late Friday night or Saturday. @chrisparker if you need a lift you are welcome. How does parking work?

Last Edited by JasonC at 20 Apr 18:57
EGTK Oxford

I just came back.

Apparently it was terrible weather on Monday. It was fantastic today. Tomorrow it starts to change and Friday Saturday may be bad… take a good look.

The fair itself was interesting. Definitely pass by Avidyne & Honda Jet.
Continental believes it will have the CD300 certified within a year and it seems that they will be developping a STC for SR22’s and a bunch of C182’s. SMA is starting to look very silly..

My hopes are on the Conti CD300 and the EPS.. However, even if the EPS would prove to be the better solution, I still would prefer the Conti because it simply will become a much more used engine.

Aircraft wise I did not see very much new.

Friday’s MSLP

Does look bad to me, on this.

This is a situation which is moving in every direction and can’t be usefully forecast a few days ahead.

My Plan B for returning is to leave on Sunday and if this is not possible i.e. if this front (Sunday 1200 pic)

moves in faster, we might fly on to Losinj for a day or two.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My plan is to come and leave on Saturday but I’m going to Krakow EPKK expecting somewhat better weather further east.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Some earlier Friday slots just opened up. Is dinner full Peter?

EGTK Oxford

Someone contacted me today saying there are five more, so I asked him to phone the restaurant and up it to 17.

I think that will do… so I don’t see a problem for you.

We can always put the TB owners on another table

Some earlier Friday slots just opened up

There’s a surprise! (not, given what I’ve been hearing about the EDNY slot fiasco)

Administrator

Plus if its true that they are doing ramp checks Im sure its not a welcome sign for most.

KHTO, LHTL

I can’t make it to dinner, but I am on booth A5-512 Friday untill noon.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Plus if its true that they are doing ramp checks Im sure its not a welcome sign for most.

You can get checked anywhere. The Q is what they are looking for. I am sure most pilots carry all the right papers with them. Also with the number of planes there you have a lot of safety in numbers – unlike in some N French airport where one helicopter crew can process every plane parked there. And with the wide variety of types you would need an extremely well briefed crew to pick up illegalities beyond the blindingly obvious.

The show is much the same every year. In GA, very little changes. Usually there are loads of homebuilt products on show, most of which will never be manufactured.

It’s a good place to hang out for a couple of days and meet up with friends from far away

I used to harrass the rent-a-person Honeywell sales crew about fixing the KFC225. Last time I offered them a freshly built computer running CP/M 2.2 so they could re-compile the sources

I hear lots of people are getting Eurocontrol slots. Anyway, here is my track link.

The wx picture for flying back has improved

Administrator
Sign in to add your message