Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Friedrichshafen EDNY 2016

I still have issues with the journey log. Hate to carry my pilots log book around since I own the plane and since Im the only one flying. The plane goes where I go and besides " I dont need no stinkin" journey log per the FAA. A line from Treasure of Sierra Madre with Humphrey Bogart and the bandito.

Also I wonder if RR would suffice (if push comes to shove) since they have all my flights on file ever since I came to Europe.

KHTO, LHTL

Almost nobody carries their pilot logbook in the plane, for obvious reasons.

The format of the journey log has not been defined. If you do a search here for
journey log
you get various hits. I use one from the USA. It’s not very common but is nice and compact. There was a French shop selling it, which was cheaper on postage, but they never replied to me.

Sure you aren’t going to write in your drug running and Albanian smuggling flights but the regulators never thought of that.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

just looked at the slots – tomorrow morning completely free – for the grass runway – unusable for most of us unfortunately. Still no slot for concrete runway. This is a consequence of opening grass slots late – everybody booked the concrete even they can use grass blocking the space for those limited to concrete. Or grass when not shortened to 600m.

LKKU, LKTB

@michal, So what happens if you fly VFR and just line up in sequence?

There is no way they can check and not many aircraft arrive at their slottime anyway.

VFR has never been a problem.

There are a lot available slots for tomorrow

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

@commander – someone mentioned they are rejecting IFR flight plans if not alligned with slots. They can´t do that obviously for VFR no flight plan flights .I would not be surprised if they check your registration against slots when you call to enter CTR. And flying 2.5 hrs just to learn I can´t land it´s not worth trying for me….

LKKU, LKTB

There is no suggestion that the EDNY “police” care about when you arrive.

They just want your flight plan ETA to be inside the slot.

It gives them something to do…

I will be 35 minutes late for example, looking at the GPS right now.

What happens about German inbounds which need no FP is a good question.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

to Peter: no wander you´ll be late, have you considered turning right towards the EDNY? and don´t try to use your common excuse you are on the IFR flight plan ;-)

Last Edited by Michal at 21 Apr 12:44
LKKU, LKTB

You know with the accuracy to todays software there will be no excuse for being so far off course.

KHTO, LHTL

Went down Tuesday afternoon VFR from UK, had to hold for ten minutes at November otherwise straight forward. Did the show Wednesday, very similar to two years ago, but still very good. Flew back today with slight tailwind.
Bus goes from the central station to exhibition and is free after 09:00 or you have a exhibition ticket, but bus only costs 2:50 anyway.Train same price (get off at first stop) but a lot faster in rush hour but goes to airport side not exhibition side, a bus runs between the two.

Norman
United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message