Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Friedrichshafen EDNY 2016

Peter will we be having a diner get together like this past year? If yes what day? The Mission Kommander is checking hotel availability and rates. She has already commented that its absurdly expensive already and why did I wait so long?!

KHTO, LHTL

Definitely!

April 20 – 23, 2016.

The hotels there are always a ripoff. I normally stay in a hotel in Hagnau. It’s by the lake and a much nicer place to stay and do e.g. walks.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What day will you plan the dinner for? Ill be staying one night so Im planning for the dinner night whichever that would be. However any of the 3 days would be OK for me. I guess the best day would be Fri Which means almost a full day on Fri to see exhibits dinner and finish the next day Sat but leave before its too late. Also I would assume Fri gives members a chance to fly in and out with a cushion of one day either side. Im not sure but the crowds might be less on Friday as well. True or False?

KHTO, LHTL

I stay in my usual hotel in Konstanz with the same constant rates as always.

United Kingdom

My impression from past years is that a lot of the local people (Germans mainly) come for only one day. On Sunday it is all finished and the only activity is people walking through the halls to their aircraft. And a lot of people cannot get Mon-Fri off work.

So Saturday is a good day if you want to meet people there who came only for the day.

But they won’t be there Saturday night.

So, if you can stay only 1 night, let’s meet up Friday night. Then you can have a “social” Friday night and another one Saturday daytime

There is also a group of Socata and related pilots who do a dinner at a place called Lukullum and they have tended to do it Thursday night. The food there is not exactly healthy but that may be a difficult thing to find anyway down there because everything in the town gets pretty well booked out I don’t know if any of that group are on EuroGA regularly.

I normally arrive Thursday and fly back Sunday (3 nights).

Administrator

The food there is not exactly healthy

You should drive a bit further to Überlingen if you want organic food and a sustainable hotel.
Sorry it is in German:
http://www.naturata-gmbh.de

Food is nice there.

United Kingdom

sustainable hotel

I always wanted one of those

Administrator

Euro GA dinner?Peter wrote:

So, if you can stay only 1 night, let’s meet up Friday night. Then you can have a “social” Friday night and another one Saturday daytime

Then Friday sounds good. So are you going to make it an official dinner for the Euro GA group? Of course there could be other nights but a least its something to pencil onto the calendar.

KHTO, LHTL

I’ll probably come as usual fly in and out in one day – it’s only 2:30 from Zagreb.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Let’s go for the Friday.

Administrator
139 Posts
Sign in to add your message