Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

We’ll arrive today at about 1500z and depart Sunday (weather permitting) about 0800z.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Saturday’s Gala Diner (link):
Her is the updated registration list as of May 6th at 05:30 LT

For corrections or registration please send me a private message or post on the Telegram instant messaging group.
I look forward to seeing you there.
Fly safely.

Last Edited by Nestor at 06 May 04:06
LFLY, France

@Nestor: we (2 person) will take part in the dinner too.

Berlin, Germany

It’s brilliant here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A few more:

At night:

Many thanks to all those who made it. It’s the biggest number for a EuroGA fly-in, so far.

Administrator

Great to see that the fly-in is such a success! The weather gods also cooperated nicely.. As you may imagine it is extremely rare that the Pyrenees protect France from bad weather in Spain
Hope you all enjoy and safe flying.

Last Edited by aart at 07 May 07:06
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Hi all,
A great thanks to Colm who compiled the breiflet on Carcassone. We did the lunch cruise on the canal and visited o´vineyards yesterday, both highly recommended :) Today will be a bimble i la Cite and of course the dinner tonight, thanks Nestor! :)

Patrik/Rosmarie

Last Edited by mcrdriver at 07 May 08:22
ESG..., Sweden

Administrator

mcrdriver wrote:

A great thanks to Colm who compiled the breiflet on Carcassone.

Thanks Patrik & Rosmarie. I’m glad that you found it useful!

It’s good to see you are all having a great time.

As much as I love the old city in the day time, if you have time before or after the dinner, I’d suggest that you go for a walk around it at night time when all the tourists are gone home. It’s lovely and peaceful and you really get a sense of being inside history. It’s especially romantic if you’re there with someone special. It’s a much more intimate and calm experience than the hustle and bustle during the day.

Indeed it was at night, around the ramparts, a little over a year ago, that I choose to propose to my fiancée.

Colm

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Huge thanks to Nestor for organising the really super dinner

We are flying back this morning. It’s a bit murky here but with bright patches and the 0C level is high enough… A few random pics:

On the RNAV 10 approach; the Pyrenees in the distance

Fill-up after landing… we spent ages trying to work out how the self service pump works. ATC refused to help, saying there is nobody around. But Nestor made a phone call to management and a man came over and after a few abortive tries got it working. The flying school, which we were earlier told had the first call on the pump, was totally deserted…

Carcassonne is 10/10 scenic

Some decent tailwind is expected

Administrator
Sign in to add your message