Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

A french-speaking pilot’s forum has taken pity on EuroGA
They noticed we were struggling with fuel and parking and are asking for people based at LFMK that could help out.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 05 Feb 15:53
LFPT, LFPN

Thanks for the mention, Aviathor

How many aircraft might realistically turn up?

I think the biggest was Mali Losinj LDLO in May 2014. Can anyone remember how many came there?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Mooney Driver your not going to win any elections with that kind of attitude. I have decided that no matter how shitty things get I will take a stoic British attitude to the problem. It started right now. Ill let you know how long I can keep that up.

I have a high wing so I can accommodate two low wings on either side.

Hopefully with the help of some of our French aviation brethren things will get solved.

Peter how many commitments do you have so far?

KHTO, LHTL

Peter how many commitments do you have so far?

I haven’t asked before, so I am asking now

Can people please post here, the aircraft type, where coming from, and how many people?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

PA18 1 PoB LELL 6-7, departing early on 8th

Subject to weather

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

In the past few days, I’ve devised a plan for my May flying vacation that can include Carcassonne both on the original date and the reserve date.

I will be coming from EDLP Paderborn or EDLE Essen/Mulheim. POB unknown, happy to bring people, happy to team up with fellow forumites from the region as well.

Aircraft type will in fact depend on if people are coming along. If alone, Piper Archer III, if with “many” guests, C182.

The plan is to move on after the Fly In to Barcelona, Malaga, and Tanger. If the Fly-In is moved to the reserve date, I will be coming from Barcelona, Malaga, Tanger instead.

Subject to whatever may come up of course (weather, work committments), but this is marked in my schedule for now.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

C210_Flyer wrote:

I have a high wing so I can accommodate two low wings on either side.

Or, with minor attention to tyres, high wing one or both sides:

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I haven’t asked before, so I am asking now

After a trip to Barcelona we will participate in the meeting on the way back to Berlin if GA in Europe is still possible,
Cessna 182 with two pilots on board. We are looking forward to the meeting. A hotel room is already booked.

Berlin, Germany

C210 of course. 2 people as of now but may bring 2 more. Starting at LHTL Hungary stop over or pickup at EDMA Augsburg.

Need hotel info has anyone checked on accommodations?

KHTO, LHTL

Guys,

I just remembered something re Carcassonne.

Not in the immediate neighbourhood but still in that region is the village of “Rennes le Chateau”, which in recent years has gained fame as a point of interest since the book “Holy Blood and Holy Grail” came out in the 1980ties. That book of course indirectly triggered one of the more popular books in recent memory by the name of Da Vinci Code. For instance, if you wonder why one character in the Da Vinci Code was named “Sauniere”, the original Sauniere is buried there.

So whoever is into this, Rennes Le Chateau is quite lovely and worth visiting. The area down there is “Grail Country”, also the “Mont Segzr” ruin (the templar outpost raided by Philipp the Beautiful (must have been quite a pillock to accept such a name) on Friday 13th 13somethingortheother is in the area.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message