Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

The Mercure is a decent hotel, walking distance to La Cite and has excellent cancellation terms as I remember…

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-1622-mercure-carcassonne-porte-de-la-cite-hotel/index.shtml

Cancellation policy :
No cancellation charge applies prior to 16:00(local time) on the day of arrival. Beyond that time, the first night will be charged.

(according to which rate plan you select of course!)

Last Edited by PhilTheFlyer at 06 Feb 13:11
Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

Same policy for the one I booked. Not bad!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

PhilTheFlyer wrote:

Cancellation policy :
No cancellation charge applies prior to 16:00(local time) on the day of arrival. Beyond that time, the first night will be charged.

Which plan did you get? Mine comes in Forint Works out to about 471.90 Euros/3 nights but is non refundable, the other refundable one is more.

The one I got was Free cancellation if done before April 22 after it costs 80Euros or 1 night.

Looking at it from the point of view that the glass is 1/2 full its a real savings if the trip only costs me 80 Euros. By not going Im probably saving 2000 Euros if I cancel last minute.
As I mentioned earlier in another post, I have turned a new leaf and am trying to develop a stiff upper lip.

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 06 Feb 15:08
KHTO, LHTL

Should be able to make it. A36 from Fairoaks, 2 PoB.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

I’m coming from Zagreb, DA42, 2 or 4 PoB (depending if kids are in).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

C210_Flyer wrote:

Which plan did you get?

Hi

This info based on last time We stayed there, normally we would go up the valley to our house but we were on a quick stopover before trundling off round Spain when my buddy Paul was hour building.

I don’t think we can make it this time due to other commitments, you will have a great time in Carca though :)

Last Edited by PhilTheFlyer at 07 Feb 09:49
Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

In this post @howald28 provided a list of geographical coordinates for the Cathar Castles.

Regardless of myth/reality, these castles are very scenic and may be well worth some sightseeing.

Howald28 also pointed out to me that there are some airfields w/o ATS but where there is no “English Only” restriction, like Castelnaudary (LFMW) and Lézignan (LFMZ) which even have AVGAS that can be paid for cash (according to AIP), that would be a good starting point for a tour of the castles and would be happy to welcome EuroGA.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 07 Feb 10:46
LFPT, LFPN

Thank you Aviathor.
1. About Lezignan LFMZ (http://www.aeroweb-fr.net/aeroclubs/aeroclub-lezignan-corbieres-minervois)
Sometime ago, around 2003 I guess, I participated in a fly-out with Luxembourg pilots to Lezignan. There was some 16 planes and we could all park without hassle on the grass (should I say the pebbles :-). The local aeroclub of Lezignan was very kind. They organised a paella dinner, plus a dance party with us and the local pilots and their families. Unfortunately I kept no contact afterwards.
From Lezignan, the nearest big city with hotels is Narbonne, ancient bishopdom of 11th century
From Lezignan, the nearest cathare medieval castles to fly over and visit are Queribus and Peyrepertuse. They are impressive. See Google Earth. On the way to and from, there are also minor castles (chateau d’Aguilar and chateau des Termes).

2. About Castelnaudary LFMW (http://jean.doudies.free.fr/)
Castelnaudary is a main stopover of the Canal du Midi. City center is a nice place, hosting an artificial lake for peniches, with good restaurants (Castelnaudary is the capital of “cassoulet”).
From Castelnaudary, the cathare castles trip is Lastours (a group of 4 dunjeons), Carcassonne City (just ask ATC for a fly-by clearance), Puylaurens, Montsegur (last historic cathare stronghold), Foix

I haven’t found a way to attach here the SkyDemon-generated GPXes, but I can create them on request.

Last Edited by howald28 at 07 Feb 15:30
ELLX, Luxembourg

Any files like that, just email them to me and I will upload them somewhere and link to them. Email address is in my profile.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Aviathor wrote:

w/o ATS but where there is no “English Only”

Of course I meant “French only” but I guess everyone understood that…

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message