Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Skiing near Airport Bolzano LIPB

I am trying to get the AIP for LIPX but the AENA site is impenetrable… does anyone have the AIP for this airport and also for Brescia LIPO? Many thanks…

The free version of ACUKWIK says LIPX has no avgas.

I am in the meantime emailing a number of addresses I found in the last Navbox database (March 2016) and some other stuff, to see what restrictions they have.

I would think the best way to fly back to the UK from Verona, picking up fuel, would be via Lucca or Albenga.

I see there is also Verona-Boscomantico LIPN which on Navbox shows CUST on a PNR and has 100LL, but I have no contact details. I tried to phone them but didn’t get far… they gave me a number which turns out to be LIPX! There is no IAP but it may be a better alternate for Bolzano if it is clear but Bolzano isn’t. Could an Italian speaker please call them and find out if they can do a flight to/from the UK? This is what I have:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

AENA, as in AENA Spain? I think you’ve got the wrong country Peter :P

Bolzano LIPB: http://bertoserver1.free.fr/AD_2_LIPB_Bolzano.pdf
Verona LIPX: http://bertoserver1.free.fr/AD_2_LIPX_Verona.pdf
Brescia LIPO: http://bertoserver1.free.fr/AD_2_LIPO_Brescia.pdf

By the way – my first post :-) Long time lurker, thank you all for the amazing info over the years!

EBZW

Sorry, I meant ENAV.IT It appears to require registration. I tried some previous credentials but they don’t work.

Many thanks for the PDFs!

Your post crossed with my edits; I am also looking at LIPN.

And thank you for your kind comments, Berto

Administrator

Boscomantico here: http://bertoserver1.free.fr/AD_2_LIPN_Boscomantico.pdf

Since there is a prolific user here who calls himself “Boscomantico”, I suspect it’s his hometown so will let him comment on the situation at that airport. Going through the local aeroclub may be your best option.

EBZW

Some emails bounced but I got one reply from LIPX:

I emailed in English and google-translated Italian.

For Verona-Boscomantico LIPN, the AIP says no fuel, which I find incredible, but it confirms immigration:

Administrator

I got this estimate from the LIPX Sky Services handling company for 3 nights parking and 1 passenger

Administrator

Shame about the garbage fee… surely a pilot can be trusted to carry their own rubbish bag?

If it wasn’t for that I’d say a very reasonable quote… you could not park your car 3 days at LIPX for €45!

EBZW

This is from Brescia LIPO:

With the €183 fuel surcharge, the fuel pricing is interesting in that it starts at infinity for a zero purchase and then reduces, so the more you have the less it costs (per litre) However there is no avgas anyway.

So none of the IFR airports in this part of Italy has avgas?

However there is the ZIKA virus issue, which I posted here

I merged several ZIKA related threads.

Administrator

This may have been mentioned re: AV gas.

Bolzano (LIPB) nil Avgas only unofficially through the Aeroclub.
Nearby Trento (LIDT) has AV gas.

Tököl LHTL

OK… the Bolzano aeroclub / avgas issue has been previously mentioned here

What is the procedure for getting it, and do you have to speak Italian? What payment method is acceptable?

I have just gone through my records and Bolzano never replied to any communications in the past. Does anyone have a contact email?
Edit: I have emailed the two emails in the AIP posted by Berto.

If I can’t get avgas at Bolzano I can fly back via e.g. Colmar LFGA, or somewhere in Switzerland. But I would probably not bother going to Bolzano if I can’t get fuel.

Trento LIDT is schengen only.

UPDATE: NO AVGAS IN BOLZANO:

So finding a “friend” in the aeroclub (the “Italian way”) is the only way.

Does anyone have a report on the grass at Bolzano?

Administrator
Sign in to add your message