Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Two day trip recommendation originating from LOWG/GRZ

Hello,

I’m offering free city tour (Sarajevo) LQSA, if you are interested to visit this part of world.

Perhaps:
Day 1: LOWG – LYBE – LQSA
Day 2: LDZD – LOWG

Weather in this time of course would be a great challenge.

Last Edited by ermajn at 18 Jan 21:21
LQVI,LJMB

LSZH VFR manual is here: AD Info Aera arrival VAC arrival Area departure VAC departure

Runway used for VFR is almost always 28, unless the wind is from the north east, in which case it’s 10. Occasionally you get offered another runway if it shortens the time to landing.

@ermajn is that offer to @snoopy alone, or is that to a wider public?

LSZK, Switzerland

@tomjnx Just for those who lost their heir presumptive to the throne in my city :)

Just kidding, everybody welcome :)

LQVI,LJMB

172driver wrote:

be extra vigilant when coming from the NW via the Saronno (SRN) VOR

Thank you and greetings to CA.

always learning
LO__, Austria

ermajn wrote:

I’m offering free city tour (Sarajevo) LQSA, if you are interested to visit this part of world.

Hi and wow, thank you for the generous offer, that would be fantastic. We will keep a close watch on this route. Been to Sarah Chevo ;) a few times and I remember the airport was challenging and low vis frequently.

Thanks Tom, great help.

ermajn wrote:

lost their heir presumptive to the throne in my city
Haha good one ;)

always learning
LO__, Austria

@tomjnx Just for those who lost their heir presumptive to the throne in my city :)

Cool, count me in :-) !

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

We are planning to go coming Thursday/Friday.

Oops!

This week won’t do for ZRH! The WEF is on, which means there is a total VFR ban active until Saturday! Also IFR you will probably not get a slot nor parking permit (limited to one hour)

You also need to be very careful in terms of the restricted area around Davos.

https://www.skybriefing.com/portal/documents/10156/0/VFR+SUP+003+2015/ad1e0256-184d-400f-b385-8f38c2cdf556

Also check the DABS:

https://www.skybriefing.com/portal/

The WEF week is not the best to fly to Switzerland I’m afraid.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Thanks for the heads up…
Q) LSAS/QFALV/V/NBO /A /000/999/4727N00833E
A) LSZH
B) 16/01/19 00:01 C) 16/01/23 23:59
E) NO VFR TFC POSS EXC HEL, DUE TO WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM DAVOS (WEF).

I am astonished and find that unacceptable. I am amazed that this is even legally possible. Zurich being major public infrastructure etc… What if you have your plane based there? Bad luck, can’t fly? What’s next? The same (not) going for cars parked inside a perimeter of the WEF?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Thanks to everyone for the info. Venice was as always very scenic.

Beer tastes good by the lake in Lugano. Next stop Innsbruck. Pix/Videos will take a little time to come.

Cheers!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Some random pictures. The weather was perfect and the flight went well. We were treated with some very nice views.

Leg 1: LOWG-LIPV. Departure to the west then via VFR Route 1. We talked Ljubljana into giving us a shortcut through his TMA. Then low level along the coast to Lido Airport.

Caorle, my favorite town in this part of Italy

Approaching Venice

We almost got stopped in Venice as we were informed we would need customs to fly to Switzerland (not for immigration, but for goods). Thankfully, a customs guy showed up shortly after and did the paperwork. What could have been a major inconvenience thankfully was only a little delay.

We proceeded from Venice to Lugano along the boundary of the Po region and the mountains in the north. Terrain steadily rises in the north.

Halfway between Vicenza and Lugano

The flight to Lugano was pretty straightforward. We were in contact with Milano Info and resorted to using IFR waypoints for position estimates. ATC was helpful to coordinate higher altitudes for us and guide us through the airspaces north of the commercial airports of the Area around Milan.

Lugano is a very GA friendly airport. Took the train to town and settled in our Hotel for the night after dinner at the lake.

Nice mix of GA and airline ops

We arrived early morning by taxi and did all the paperwork in the crew lounge…very friendly staff, free coffee and cookies, wifi. Then headed out to fuel up and “de ice”. There was no fog at all, thankfully.

Our fancy de-icing “Equipment” – worked well

Routing to Innsbruck initially via the Gafor route then breaking off to the east on the way to Brenner(o).
Very scenic view in the area of Bresimo

Fairly busy traffic wise in Innsbruck. As we arrived at the same time as Arnold (he is in country for the Kitzbuehel race) we probably feature in the background of some pictures that people took of him at the general aviation terminal ;)

Routing to Graz via the Inn valley then Kitzbuehel, Zell/See, Mauterndorf and south of Zeltweg direct LOWG.

Homebound alpine panorama.

The weather conditions couldnt have been better. It was very smooth, low winds enroute and very good vis. Recommended to all.

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message