Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Best tech stop northern Italy

Enroute to Sicily I need a stop. Looking at Turin or Genova. Any views for either as a tech stop.

EGTK Oxford

It’s strange nobody replied to the post above, so I’m bringing it back to life. I’m planning the trip to Spain for next weekend and due to heavy headwinds I might need fuel stop somewhere along the road from Zagreb LDZA to Zaragoza LEZG. I used to use LFMU or LFMT but the routing from these airports to LEZG includes some overhead, so I decided to check Albenga or Genova. Any recent PIREPs about Genova LIMJ?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Oh I should search “Genoa” or “LIMJ” rather than “Genova” and I would find much more like the one here.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Back in those days we didn’t have the banners on the home page, to which I (manually) promote new or interesting posts

Many posts got missed because, at some 100 posts per day, if someone visits just say once a day…

I also back-edit lots of airport ICAO codes…

My experience of Albenga LIMG is from 2014 and it took literally hours just to get fuel. Really disorganised. Also not really accessible in any “real wx” due to terrain.

Cannes LFMD is pretty quick, at around €100.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Genoa is easy. Handling is with the airport staff they have an email to PPR them.
You will be parked at the end of the apron close to the air club (in front of Piaggio factory) they will take you to the C office with airport minivan to pay landing fees
City is not to far from the airport and it’s really nice to spend a day

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

These two airports are worlds apart. One is a GA only airport; the other is an airline airport with very limited GA. Makes all the difference. At Albenga, you will likely be the only traffic within one hour. Hence, you will have all their attention and normally, all should go rather quickly. Also, IME, their staff is always very accomodating and friendly. Genoa on the other hand: first of all, it is PPR. Then, your handling is done by people who might be busy with other tasks. Same for the fuel: you might have to wait, which might be the killer argument.

On the other hand again, fuel is usually cheaper at the airline airports.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 30 Sep 15:45
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

For a quick tech stop I’ll pick Albenga LIMG without esitation .
Just land , refuel , eat something and you can be airborne in 1 hour with no hassle .

Pegaso airstrip, Italy

I’ve been to Albenga this year and it was efficient, friendly and an interesting approach. Didn’t see any food at the airfield, but they had a driver that takes you to town for 20 Euros or something similar.

LPFR, Poland
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message