Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cannes LFMD

…if winds are strong remember you can also use 22 although expect to request it.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Sure; with this
LFMD 120730Z AUTO 26013KT 220V290 CAVOK 22/06 Q1005 BECMG 28015G30KT
22 is far more likely than 17.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was there a couple of months ago. No PPR needed, file and go. They have AIP BP. Yes, one side for credit card and one side for AIR BP card. Make sure you park on the ‘inside’ of the fuel pumps to use the M/C that accepts AIR BP. I didn’t the first time and had to hot start just to taxi round to the other side.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

…if not mentioned, the security check will also include checking flight crew licences.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Hello

I am planning to go to Cannes in the next weeks with a TB20.
I will stay about 1.5 day.

Aviathor wrote:

If you park on the hard apron you will be charged a 60 € handling fee, so you may be better off parking on the grass next to TWY Y. Otherwise landing and parking 24 hrs is ca 42 €

The price list available on the airport website states the following :

Below 2 tons aircraft landing fee (including Landing Fee, Lighting, Parking and passenger) = 30 € TVA included

Extra-days : half the fee = 15 € per day

Handling is indicated being “Mandatory” for all aircraft stationed on the FBO delimited area (Tango Apron and Tango Extension) ; for all aircraft above 3.5t stationed in an other area ; for helicopters stationing at least one night (whichever is the parking area).
That is confirmed on the VAC : "For all ACFT with MTOW upper than 3.5 tons or parked on
TANGO, mandatory handling and notification recommanded
Aircraft up to 2 tons : 72 € tva included

I will ask the airport manager by mail, but is it possible to park on any other surfaced-apron than Tango (Lima / Mike / Golf) without being charged handling ?
The VAC does not apply any restrictions on those aprons, other than wingspan related.

Last Edited by jeff64 at 13 Sep 13:56
LFBZ, France

All hard surfaces except the “FBO aprons” are private, i.e. not for visiting GA. The grass areas are (or at least used to be) quite terrible, and also far away from the GA building. Cannes has seriously gone down in my rating in the last 5 years.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 13 Sep 15:12
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yesterday, tech stop, I paid €100. 1400kg TB20. Very good service.

The AIR BP machine needs a French speaker to operate, but I called ATC and a man came out to tell me which buttons to press. I am amazed that such a high class international airport has this:

The above grass was terrible 10 years ago too

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Yesterday, tech stop, I paid €100.

Why 100 €?

Peter wrote:

The AIR BP machine needs a French speaker to operate,

I have an app on Android that performs OCR and automatic translation via augmented reality. This works even with Chinese where I am completely helpless. I don’t think one would really have a problem with a foreign text somewhere when a mobile phone with internet is available.

I will post the invoice when I retrieve the plane from Biggin.

I have that app too but it often produces nonsense.

Administrator

achimha wrote:

Why 100 €?

I would venture because he parked on T and was charged 60€ for handling on top of 30€ landing and 15€ parking.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 13 Sep 14:29
LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message