Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cannes LFMD

I think parking on TANGO Apron is worth the money. We have done both this year, Tango and the grass. Grass was in poor condition and not cut, together with a long walk to the terminal. Parking on Tango includes red cones, golf cart pick up and they will arrange a Taxi.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Parking on Tango includes red cones, golf cart pick up and they will arrange a Taxi.

Yay!

LFPT, LFPN

boscomantico wrote:

All hard surfaces except the “FBO aprons” are private

That’s the kind of info I was looking for.

Rob2701 wrote:

I think parking on TANGO Apron is worth the money.

Aviathor wrote:
Aviathor 13-Sep-17 14:32 #20
Parking on Tango includes red cones, golf cart pick up and they will arrange a Taxi.
Yay!

Thanks for this advice.

Peter wrote:

The AIR BP machine needs a French speaker to operate

I always carry a French Speaker in my head, even when sleeping ;)

LFBZ, France

Isn’t google “live” translate good enough for pump operation?i use the app and it works well for simple sentences.

One problem would have been the LCD screen on the AIR BP card machine, which was only just barely only just about readable by a human. It was like something 30 years old, when LCDs first came out.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Eye → brain → finger → mobile → internet → google → internet → mobile → eye → brain?

Last Edited by achimha at 13 Sep 19:17

Not when you are trying to get fuel fast so you can fly the next 4hr leg to the UK before the TS starts up enroute…

Administrator

It’s hard to muster any sympathy for a British aviator flying regularly to France and who has such little comprehension of French or apparent willingness to learn …. even an Australian can figure it out!

The only downside with the Tango apron is that you must fill out a GenDec and go through proper security to re board…. the apron around the corner (beyond the cones) is much simpler…

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

AnthonyQ wrote:

It’s hard to muster any sympathy for a British aviator flying regularly to France and who has such little comprehension of French or apparent willingness to learn …. even an Australian can figure it out!

i work with a scottish guy who lives since over 10 years in German Part of Switzerland and does not speak german…. he understands quite ok…. so I’m not suprised ,-)

Last Edited by luckymaaa at 13 Sep 19:37

Thankfully I have no need for sympathy. I did French at school for 3 years and failed to learn more than a few words. Some people find it an extremely hard language. Learning English (after coming here from CZ) was much easier. I did German too, and it was about halfway between the two.

But I am irrelevant. The point is that aviation is international – especially at the posh place called Cannes. This isn’t the Blackbushe to Sandown burger run. Spot the non-jet:

This is the cheap and dirty end (a PC12 etc):

These people aren’t flying there from Nice!

Whoever put up that French-only text is either astonishingly dumb, or is trying to make a point. I reckon the latter is vastly more likely, and I won’t bother digging around for past threads supporting that view

Administrator
Sign in to add your message