Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cannes LFMD

Parking on the tarmac at LFMD without paying the handling fee is eminently possible with the right manners….no funny business required…just ensuring discretion is in your favour…speaking French is undeniably very valuable in conveying your manners.

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

From here

Bosco,

The last time I was in Cannes, Sept last year, the handling cost for being parking on Tango apron was 50 euros. I thought it was well worth it considering its location to the terminal, marsheller, chocks, golf buggy transport, hard standing parking, VIP lounge access and “hand holding” through customs.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Thanks Rob. Yes, if all else fails, I will do that. Still interested in other parking “tricks”…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Bosco,

I believe there is some hard parking round the corner, next to the Cirrus service centre that does not attract handling. If you want hard parking on Tango you now have to request it via the online portal “myhandling.com”

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Rob,

maybe indeed I put it wrong. To explain: in the past, I did use to park just about “around the corner”. I was now led to believe this is still part of “Tango”, but possibly it isn’t (and neither part of “Lima”). See photo. The problem is: there are no parking spots marked there, and I guess its for a reason (pompiers?). So likely no parking there these days…

Anyway, sorry for the thread drift.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 18 Jun 14:32

At LFMD, park on the grass next to the LIMA apron for lower parking charges and no handling fees. No golf buggy but it’s only a 5 min walk to the terminal and no hand holding needed through customs/immigration. If you need to spend the extra €50 send it to me or to charity.

Edited to add that handling is compusory for visiting aircraft during Cannes Film Festival and Monaco GP. Neither happening in 2020.

Last Edited by Shanwick at 18 Jun 18:31
LFMD - Cannes Mandelieu, EGLL - London Heathrow, France

boscomantico wrote:

As Juju said, you misread the NOTAM. For the countries listed in the NOTAM, there is no restriction. That’s what it says.

Yep, just missed the brits ;).

boscomantico wrote:

Do they currently insist on handling, even if parking on say Golf (which previously did not require handling, despite being the farthest away from the terminal…)? The NOTAM don’t say so. Looks like that would be 50€ on top…

I couldn’t really tell because I have a pass. Sometimes the airport manager over-decides things… Last year they refused to let me go through the standard gate under the tower and threw me to the terminal to fill a form and a dummy security check for a flight to Padova (so intra-shengen)…
But I don’t see mandatory handling so far. If you already came, parking G and M should be ok but I have seen no availability on Mike (closer to tower gate).
Cannes is seeing a lot of traffic these days, club/school and some jets. Just keep the Vac chart when arriving and take care to club planes (DR400, PA28s), I was close to fill an airprox 2 days ago because a guy came 30m far in my 5h on downwind, and had to do a GA yesterday because one other guy was just staying on the runway for no reason with 5 planes in the pattern…

For the parking you showed, it’s actually crowded with turboprops, and you can’t park anything on Parking Lima facing hangar 4 and 5, too many planes there.

Last Edited by greg_mp at 18 Jun 19:54
LFMD, France

Thanks. What about parking Alpha? Is it reserved for based (club) planes?

It’s for clubs mainly, but sometimes the ground ctrl put planes here when there are no places anymore :P. But it does upset clubs because they usually park planes there during the day.
Currently the club accesses are disabled by airport because “they have a restricted number of employee available and can’t control everything with the same efficiency”. So if you park there, you will still have to walk until the tower. If you happen to park there and you know it in advance, drop me a msg.

Last Edited by greg_mp at 18 Jun 20:49
LFMD, France

I am informed by a local pilot that Tango parking is mandatory for foreign arrivals (i.e. from outside France).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message