Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Technical stops and flight plan, and customs/immigration required?

that can only work in airports that have a clear landside vs airside, with guards, customs/immigration agents and physical barriers between the two.

Yes, but such an airport will have full customs and immigration anyway, so the fact of you never leaving airside is not relevant Many discussions of “tech stops” at say Belgrade LYBE where indeed you can do them… meaningless!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

meaningless!

Not necessarily. Say you want to fly from a non-EU country (e.g. Switzerland) to another non-EU country (e.g. Morocco) but need a fuel stop in the EU then you don’t have to go through the whole procedure.

Say you want to fly from a non-EU country (e.g. Switzerland) to another non-EU country (e.g. Morocco) but need a fuel stop in the EU then you don’t have to go through the whole procedure.

Can you give an example, @172driver, of the EU airport?

AFAICS the only EU airport that will work on will be one with customs and immigration. Land at some small place and if the police find out they they will hit you.

Administrator

For airliners who regularly go for fuel/tech stops isn’t there a security requirement of not mixing goods in the hold with people in the cabin?

Obviously you can’t have that on typically GA aircrafts but having acess to raft & knife is not an issue neither ;)

Also, how bizjets go about their fuel/tech Stops?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

In the “big jet” world this is often done, but the procedure is different to GA. Passengers either stay on the plane (while refuelling, etc) or they disembark into a sealed lounge. I have seen both myself, in years past.

Bizjets, I doubt a special procedure is available (I have asked, the answer was “not possible”) but I have seen cases where the police come aboard to check papers so the passengers don’t have to leave the plane and maybe chip their nail varnish. But again this is at a place where the services are available.

My question therefore still stands.

Administrator
55 Posts
Sign in to add your message